I just love the irony....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Biden gets us back in the Paris Green thingy and AOC wants a New Green deal...but the news headlines tonight?
    " Worst avalanche season in a 100 years." and "much of the country in the grips of a dangerous freeze"
    where in the hell is the global warning??

oh wait, they found the answer...headlines moments later...
    " glacier melted in Indian now 200 people are missing, scientist say it's our fault, evidence of global warming" can't make this stuff up man..

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nope but at least there is no more mean tweets

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    "They" recently said that because of covid there was much less greenhouse gasses released but because the skies were clearer it lead to more warming. Give me a break man.

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The paris accord was a farce. Lots of good articles out there... Here's one :
    https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/the-un-admits-that-the-paris-climate-deal-was-a-fraud/

India, has lots of struggles, pollution is just one, but keep in mind so much has changed there in such a short time. E.g. 15-20 years ago, our company was providing employees with mobile phones and transportation to/from work. During monsoon season, offices would close (still do on occasion) as the unpaved roads would turn to un navigable muck. Now more roads are paved, but still need to deal with all the runoff. Power was unreliable and our company was building/equipping offices with big UPS systems... These are just a few changes, but really only in big cities... Glacier was in some remote area...

I can hardly watch US news any longer...once you key in on the emotive word choices and justifications, one sided reasoning and propaganda... And if you think it's bad here, watch Canadian or European news.

Smdh.

Sota likes this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer to read the news rather than watch, I will not watch network or national news.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The pandemic is being blamed for more avalanches or is it climate change?

7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's Trump

Mod-it likes this.
  8. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    the guy filling in for Rush today said when this is all over they will Blame Trump for the lockdown, which he never did and never wanted, but he said they will turn it on him....

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The shut downs were state by state not federal. If any idiot claims Trump did it they need to be reminded of the truth.

Vabowman likes this.
  10. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So the masks never changed the statistics for the flu? Seems that the numbers should have been down since masks are doing the job!
    DBDA5A33-FE64-4F71-9350-88A8266AE2A4.png

ash d likes this.
  11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Land of the Dinosaurs or the Ice Age?

Take your pick, you can only choose one and you will notice that neither one was induced by man.

We have 4 seasons, nailed down by science to a science(almost). Yet we have two vastly different global climates notated in History with skeletons of critters from their times in museums.

Can there not be a cycling of the earth on a more historical basis?

Millions of years the earth has stood the test of times, yet a few hundred years of humanly imbeciles is the doom of the world? I say the "orb" chooses it's occupants over the "occupants" choosing it's orb. The "humans" will be the next displayed past being when the next amoeba takes reign....

virginiashadow and dnoodles like this.
  12. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Damn...., to many beers to comprehend thats chit!

fletch920 and Vabowman like this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Am I your new enemy?

14. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No. Why?

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just checking, you called me out on this post and the flooring post where I said laminate was sandable.

All good, my above post was only meant to say that you can not blame humans for the cycles the earth has and is going through. Humans did not kill the dinosaurs and humans did not cause the ice age, both that are currently "historic documentations". Yet we are still within that cyclical high and low but some "high authorities" are telling us we are the cause and they are the cure.

16. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    threads like this remind me...my favorite thing about hunting is how humbling it is.
    We ain't s4it.

cantexian and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Imagine being the deer and having a forum about your encounters :lol:

18. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    dnoodles, cantexian and Vabowman like this.
  19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    it only took us 2021 years to really F things up.
    Kind of impressive.

20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Don't know if any of you guys are familiar with Graham Hancock. He's a...historian? Archaeologist? Geologist? Writer.
    Anyway, he's done some really interesting work on alternative timelines of historical human civilization.

His main theory is that human civilization is tens of thousands of years older than mainstream archaeology currently accepts. He cites the ancient ruined city of Göbekli Tepe (in Turkey) as one of the pillars of his hypothesis...which is approximately at least 11-12k years old, which makes it over 5k years older than previously academia-accepted beliefs in advanced levels of civilization and technology. GT wasn't really discovered until the mid-1990s so it really turned the archeology world on its head. Hancock estimates that so far less than 20% of GT has actually been excavated so there is much more to learn.

His assertion - for the technology it took for pre-historic humans to have built GT; human civilization must be at least another 5-10k years older than GT.

Keep in mind, human civilization is currently only 5k years post the construction of the Egyptian pyramids.

So why isn't there any evidence of those pre-GT ancient civilizations?

He points to the Younger Dryas event, which occurred roughly contemporaneous to the construction of GT. He gets into it in much more detail than I will here; but basically (not a theory) the world has been warming slowly since approximately 50k years ago- interspersed with periods of glaciation. (which is why this is pertinent to this thread.)

He theorizes (with a TON of geological evidence) that these periods of glaciation have been interrupted by asteroid impacts in the glacial fields which instantly liquefy vast amounts of the ice causing cataclysmic continental/hemispherical floods which destroy everything in their paths- including human civilizations.

Thus, the story of The Flood told across all known human civilizations on every continent.

Anyway, if you're a nerd or just get bored at work, I enjoy listening to his lectures and especially his appearances on Joe Rogan...this one is with geologist Randall Carlson who has done some really good work on the flood hypothesis.