I finally did it

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by TheFitHunter, Sep 20, 2020.

1. TheFitHunter

TheFitHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After getting into filming 2 years ago, and becoming hardcore with it last season, I was finally able to harvest a mature whitetail on film. I hope you guys enjoy, please let me know what you think!
    And don’t be afraid to subscribe!
    NJ Public Land Bow Hunt | Heart shot on BIG Buck!!

Hoytvectrix and DEC like this.
  2. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Liked your video. You might wanna think about a new safety harness!

TheFitHunter likes this.
  3. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck. Good job filming and good shot and even better in NJ on public land. Now, can I give you some constructive criticism? I know you are young and energetic and I am glad to see you guys involved in hunting and the whole 9 yards. However, I suggest you break away from the same old same old. Cut out the background music. Don't fall into that "club scene" beat that all these tv shows are doing. Music is fine just be conscientious of your followers and what they relate to..most of them have a taste for something more subtle... To me, it takes away from the hunt and video. The other thing, don't say "I smoked him" ,... It's not original and we have grown tired of hearing on every tv show. I know you get full of emotions and all, but separate yourself from the crowd..I am not trying to be a prick, I am just giving you honest feed back. If you want to get an idea of what I am talking about on how to act/carry yourself take a look at this. Again, I think it's great that you guys are passionate and you all did a great video but make it more natural and less like the norm..I think you guys are talented, I think you can do very well if this is what you want to do with your hunting experiences. Just something to consider.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Hoytvectrix and TheFitHunter like this.
  4. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice video and buck. Thanks. I'm a Hunter Education instructor. Also, work with the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency in Regions III and IV for their instructor certification classes. One thing we encourage is to use "harvest" instead of "smoke" or "kill." Looking forward to other videos. Public land can be a challenge for big game hunting.

TheFitHunter likes this.
  5. TheFitHunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been told this on previous occasions! Haha for sure this will be a future purchase.

6. TheFitHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the thoughts. There are some things I should change for next time for sure. I guess I never really thought of the word choice I used. I understand that it has a major affect on the viewer, I will make it a point to be more mindful of the viewer in the future.
    My dream is to make this brand somehow play a role in my life, so any constructive criticism is really appreciated!

7. TheFitHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the constructive criticism, I guess I never really thought about that during the filming of the video. As I said previously I really want this to be something I can potentially do for a living, so any future criticism is exactly what I need! Thank you!

8. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Just be original, The fist pump, I smoked em, laid the smack down, is tasteless and it has grown old. Be yourself man.

9. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job. Congrats. The more kills that you film, the more edits that you do ... the better that you will get. "Do you" ... film and edit in a way that makes YOU happy. Not every video has to be a "film" with overdone voiceovers either ...

Congrats, keep filming, and keep hunting!

Hoytvectrix likes this.
  10. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. Just be yourself and find your own path. In time people will either love it or hate it. they will let you know

TheFitHunter likes this.
  11. SammyFLS

SammyFLS Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I liked your video, cool.

TheFitHunter likes this.
  12. Ingo Sundowner

Ingo Sundowner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Really liked your video, quite an achievement to get it all filmed too.
    Congratulations on your "filmed" buck,
    Going back now to subscribe :clap:

TheFitHunter likes this.
  13. TheFitHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks all!