I F#@ked Up

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Agi Ambre, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Agi Ambre

Agi Ambre Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I fell a decent distance with my bow at my side and chipped one of the cams and looks like I might have bent an axel (not sure if its actually called an axel) or warped the cam. It is a Martin firecat Pro X. I know, cheap and old but so am I and with limited resources. I am trying to source the parts, I've reached out to local machine shops but most of them want a digital file with the measurements.
    No matter how I look at it, sourcing and replacing the parts is going to be $100s cheaper than buying a new or even used bow.
    I really hope some one here can help point me in the right direction for OEM replacement parts. or maybe some one happens to have one of these just lying around. Who knows. I'm close to a last resort before I permanently put this hobby to rest.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  2. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Archery Talk has a classifieds section, I would give that a shot and see if anything is listed. If not might be worth posting a wanting to buy add out there. Loads of people on that site, probably your best bet.

Agi Ambre likes this.
  3. Agi Ambre

Dislikes Received:
    thank you, that site is helpful.

4. goldtipxt

goldtipxt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    AT classified

5. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is going to be tough to source parts for that bow. I run a Martin Saber and from all the shops I have talked with and the information I got from my dad when he gave it to me, the manufacturing plant for where these bows were made burned down and thus all they ceased making components for them and moved on to the next "line" of bows.
    Martin has changed ownership recently, as I have too found out, and is owned by Obsession now.
    I would not give up on the hobby per say, but perhaps start trying to save for a replacement as you keep poking around for a source to find replacement parts.

6. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's the update on this

7. Agi Ambre

Dislikes Received:
    I sold it as is an bought a new bow. (YOU SOLD PETEY TO THE BLIND KID!?) I wish I had saved a bit and went higher up on the strength with a different build. I went with the Bear Species Long draw. For a first real hunting bow I can't complain. It's just heavy at about 7lbs. which does effect my groupings at 60+yards. It's taken a lot of practice and off range exercises to keep it within a 10 inch plate at 60 yards. 50 yards I group within 3 inches. Biggest draw back is the short ATA. It puts the peep WAY far out from the sight so I don't have a full sight picture. I have just trained my eye and anchor point to know the center of the sight.

8. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty bird

Agi Ambre likes this.
  9. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got worms

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk