"I dont shoot a crossbow because I'm a man" <----these guys

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by jacob, May 15, 2014.

1. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If any body feels it is not up to par using a crossbow, think about others--After 2 major back surgeries, 1 shoulder repair, I can no longer use my Hoyt which I dearly loved. Its crossbow or Oprah and Ellen You may choose differently, But I made my choice

2. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in great shape. ROUND.

West_Bay_Wader likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I used to be anti crossbow but upon further review it all really does not matter you crossbow guys need to bow up and dismiss any critics, ignore them and hunt like nobody is watching or something like that.

4. buzzkillsilencers

buzzkillsilencers Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will tell you one thing. I shot a buddies crossbow and then I took the limb savers off and put on a set of Buzzkill Silencers and it made a hellova difference!! I'm not just saying that because I make them, I'm saying that because I was surprised in the difference. But damn those things are accurate, as long as you have a rest. But theyre a little loud...well used to be anyway.

5. oldguy54

oldguy54 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You may wish to reply that the only significant difference is that you can pre-cock a xbow. With all the mechanical devices attached to todays compound plus its extended range a compound is actually deadlier than a xbow. Of course you can always fall back to the "medical" excuse. I shot compounds for 30+ years. My shoulder and elbow just can't handle a compound anymore and I sure wasn't giving up hunting!

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  6. jody5252

jody5252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My hat off to you, my friend... Glad that you can shoot that accurate, with your bow. Cross bows are very accurate out to 50 yds,, off hand. It takes a lot of practice. I am capable of hitting golf and tennis ball size targets. Using a Red dot sight. How is that for accuracy?? I have been shooting a Compound bow for over 35 yrs. I am no where near as accurate as you. I started using a crossbow 7 yrs. ago. Mainly because of shoulder issues. I still shoot/hunt with my compound, but I would not say that it is any easier...

West_Bay_Wader likes this.
  7. Ladydeerkiller

Ladydeerkiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't care what anyone shoots as long as it gets them in the woods. I didn't start hunting or archery until Oct of 2013 at the age of 60. Bought a crossbow, love it and still use it some with hog hunting. The g'kids use it all the time hunting. I soon bought a compound the next January, shot one year hunting and 3D....hated it. I have respect for crossbow after shooting a 3D tournament with it. Have to shoot offhanded with no aides try toting it around for 25-30 targets, cock every time and shoot offhand. I have shot traditional bows (recurve and longbow now going on my 3rd year (hunting and 3D). Sold my compounds (2) but kept the crossbows (2). When I get into a discussion regarding crossbow and the hate for them, I remind them that the crossbow and spear have been around for thousands of years....then came your longbows, then the recurves and finally in the early 70's, the compounds. I probably catch more flack from die hard traditional shooters but hey, I shoot exactly what I want to shoot.

8. randy3003

randy3003 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anything that gets more people into the sport is fine by me

9. BowhuntingRealtor

BowhuntingRealtor Newb

Dislikes Received:
    People are going to be people man. I use my Barnett during the rifle seasons in Idaho and Georgia and have a lot of fun doing it but a lot of people hate it just because they need to feel superior to others. The Same way a lot of "real" bowhunters run their mouths about compound bows.