I dont mean to complain but....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by treyman654, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How do you expect a site like this to pay for and ship those stickers for free? They don't charge a fee to be a member here, the show is online and Roku for free, they are not professional hunters they have day jobs...yes they have advertisers but they are not making enough to just give everything away, get real.

I've had this discussion before, you advertise for companies for free every day unless you rip the logos off your shoes/boots, off of your truck, off of your electronics, etc. This site is getting more and more like Archerytalk with all the judging lately.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Kinda think of it this topic is rather AT like, title of the topic is I don't want to complain, but then we have 2 pages of complaining.

3. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    really not even worth arguing this anymore if folks want to pay $14 for a sticker to advertise a website more power to them.
    Its kind of like the SALT LIFE stickers you see on everyones cars and trucks , those folks like the beach but many don't realize they are advertising for the salt life website..

thankfully we all have free choice so I choose not to sticker bomb my truck with anyones sticker, if you want to and it makes you happy .

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Shipping is expensive, there's really no way around it. A Business will not just "mail" a product out because there's no way to track it. Even the USPS priority mail is barely trackable. Also, if a business does any type of volume shipping, it's extremely inconvenient to mail something as the means a trip to the post office or drop box. UPS or FedEX will have scheduled pickup times that are convenient for the business and offer trackability that is important in resolving issues with shipping.

I sell parts all day long all over the country. You would not believe how many people call up and order one safety decal and have it shipped over night. A decal that sells for a dollar, and we charge them $25.00 for NDA UPS, or $10.00 for ground shipping.

Personally I have shifted almost all my online buying away from Ebay to Amazon because of the 2 day free shipping with Amazon Prime. I have more than made up for the price of the Prime membership by saving on shipping charges.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You can save $ shipping things UPS or FedEx if the ship to address is a business with an account vs a residential delivery. I have saved many $ buying stuff on e-bay and rather than paying for shipping I issue a UPS call tag.

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The aspect of paying for shipping doesn't bother me. I will pay to have anything shipped. I know a lot of shipping costs depend on weight. Many larger companies use one or maybe 2 methods of shipping. In most cases, the items being shipped are picked up on sight by those carriers. They don't have the leisure of having someone run various items to various locations for cheaper shipping. My issue was not with a company, but an individual selling an item. I viewed this seller's Store on ebay and they have items that weigh over a pound that ship for $5 Standard.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  7. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have found when dealing on Ebay a lil simple communication goes a long way..... There has been a few times where I have found an item I wanted and the shipping appeared unreasonably high. I send the seller a msg and ask if the shipping is accurate and provide my zip. 9x's out of ten I get a response saying if I purchase they will send an invoice with corrected shipping charges and they quote me that price. Easy breezy, and FWIW I first had this happen to me when I hurriedly posted an item for sale and didnt pay attention to what I posted for the shipping....

As for the sticker, if you want some Bowhunt or Die swag why not order up a hat or t-shirt...... ya just might be able to get them to throw a sticker in for free... just saying

carry on...

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just saying Jimmy Big Time mailed me some stickers free of charge.

9. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't understand.

10. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've gotten free ones from Easton, nap, qad, hunter safety systems, and hoyt

11. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've gotten free stickers and a little info packet with every BH.com order I've placed. Couple years back I got a free key chain too.

12. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    I passed out some free bh.com bottle opener keychains for JZ one night after hours at the ATA... sssshhhhhhh I kept one for myself. Don't tell him...

13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Will you send me one?

... for free of course :tu:

14. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    the key chain will be free no problem, shipping will be $19.99

15. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    SOLD!

I have an IOU. Can pick it up at the GTG :tu:

16. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think as some of you spend more time on this site and especially if you get to an event an interact with the members you will see the draw that some have to wear bowhunt or die or bowhunting.com gear. I am surprised every time I read the negative comments about why would you buy that it should be free BS. People have been buying clothing, hats and decals for years with sports teams, products hunting groups. To the OP I don't know why it is that much to ship but there is probably a minimum and if the smallest package they ship with is a small flate rate box thru the post office it would cost about that much. Any chance you will make the Harrisburg show or the Wisconsin Deer&Turkey Expo or the annual GTG to get one and not pay shipping?

17. treyman654

treyman654 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

As I am stationed here in Missouri it makes it tough to attend any shows/expo that the BHOD team attends.

18. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Scammers gotta scam.........oh wait...it's for handling too!!

19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    So let me get this straight. You would never pay for a decal because we as a business should be printing them and shipping them to you for free. For the privilege of having it adorn your vehicle of course. :hail:

So one day you get bored and for the heck of it decide to add one to your shopping basket and check out just to see how much shipping would cost on said decal you have no intention of purchasing. When you discover that shipping is not free, or at least so severely discounted that we would in fact lose money on the transaction, you come here and "don't mean to complain" about it?

Well played. :lol:

Shame on every business out there who tries to operate and actually make money. How dare we!

Perhaps a one-way ticket to Beijing would be a better purchase. This way you can get away from those evil profit-minded companies out there who are taking advantage of everyone.

20. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Um....JZ nailed it. Shoot even my tiny po-dunk operation at Small Acre Hunting in comparison to bh.com is set to have decals....you can bet your sweet biffy they ain't gonna be free.

Some people drink the free hand out Kool-Aid way too much....