I don't know where else to put this..

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by MNKK, Jan 13, 2009.

1. MNKK

MNKK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's just a news article that I found today. Thought some of you might find interesting.
    http://www.startribune.com/local/west/37480574.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great article and video. It amazes how there were no carp in America 300 years ago and now they are in every river, creek, and stream fed lake in America.

3. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for sharing that MNKK. I went to a Carp Symposium up in the twin cities that Prof. Sorenson put on. (seriously, a Carp Symposium) Anyhow, MN is kind of a weird state when it comes to carp. It spends millions of dollars on carp removal and yet it has some restrictive rules for bowfishing. (bowfishing = carp removal at no cost to taxpayers) For instance in very few waters in MN can you bowfish for carp at night. (night is usually the best time for bowfishing)

Sure, bowfishing isn't the answer to carp infestations, but killing a couple hundred here and there certainly doesn't hurt things.

We put on a Carpbusters bowfishing tourney down here in IL where we took 1100 carp in 24 hours under some less than ideal bowfishing conditions. :)

4. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The reason Mn Is like that Is there worried people are going to shoot Walleye's and Northern's. Dumb law I agree. I'd sure like to find the SOB who brought these carp here to the USA. They've ruined a ton of lakes here in Mn. Carp are damn good smoked though and fun as hell to shoot with the bow!!:cool: