I can't believe it..........

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by SparrowHawk, Oct 16, 2010.

1. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just don't know if it's not my year or what but things are just not going my way at all. As some of you may have read last week I shot a doe a little far back and was never able to recover her. It was the first deer I ever have wounded and not killed. I have practiced hard all week shooting nice groups at 20 and 30yds. Tonight I was sitting in a stand that is near a trailcam where I am getting pics of two nice mature bucks moving at night only, one which I named Tall Ten. It came together perfectly tonight, he snuck right in on me and I had him at 20 yards broadside. I am almost positive it was him. I let him have it and for sure thought I had hit him. The buck circled and I was able to knock another arrow ,I let it fly thinking that I hit him on the first shot and I mine as well try to get another arrow in him. He was facing directly at me. I backed out for about an hour and went back with a few friends to look. I found my first arrow and it was a clean miss! I couldn't believe it.... not knowing where my second arrow was we walked the area and were able to stumble across blood. I back tracked it and found my second arrow which didn't have a lot of blood on the shaft but the fletchings had good blood. The blood trail was very dark and thick and there was one spot where it looked like the buck almost snorted out blood. I am thinking that I shot this buck in the neck possibly. It was extremely dark and thick where I was tracking him and it finally just came down to drips and we couldn't find much more blood. I seriously feel like I could cry........ Anyone know the page where I can try and get a tracking dog? I am located in West Michigan. I am about to head back out there with a few more people..... I hope things really go my way.

2. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is the national versatile hunting dog or something rather, I tried to get them when I couldn't find my deer, but there wasn't anyone close enough

3. mikey

mikey Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hang in there brother. I know it's hard to not lose hope but I'm thinking that your second shot killed the deer. You've just got to find him. Give us an update when you can.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck SH, I hope we see a photo with you sitting behind that buck!

5. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Best of luck to ya!

6. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Success is greatly enhanced by a positive outlook. Stay positive! Keep looking; keep hunting witht he right frame of mind!

I want to see you behind that buck also!

7. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    if you neck shot him he wont be far at all.
    slow and steady. even if u have to crawl to find the blood. one step at a time man.
    get it

8. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sure you are back out looking this morning already. I wish you nothing but luck! Would love to see a picture of you with him! Keep us all posted

9. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I went to the last spot of blood this morning and couldn't find anymore blood. I was on my hands and knees....nothing. I was with 4 friends and one of them managed to find some hair where it looked like the buck jumped the fenceline into a cow pasture. We walked everywhere ....nothing.....