Hurricane florence

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by biscuit, Sep 13, 2018.

1. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this thing is gonna be a major pain in the ass, so many people here just recovered from Mathew, I’m gonna need some deer to hunt here in the next week, I wonder how this will effect the deer

w33kender likes this.
  2. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Our club's roads will be under water for quite awhile. I hunt SC just over the NC state line along the Waccamaw River basin. Best club I've ever been in, even when we get flooded roads for a couple weeks here and there.

The deer and pigs will be on the high ground, even though they can swim better than an Olympian. As soon as the pressure changes after the storm, if you can get to your high ground spots and the wind is favorable, I think the deer will be up and moving.

biscuit likes this.
  3. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Be safe all you guys and girls down there!

biscuit likes this.
  4. thirdhandman

thirdhandman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With the woods being destroyed, trees were blown all over, the flooding etc, it will be difficult to pattern the deer for a couple weeks.
    Good luck to ya.

biscuit likes this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a shipment that had to get to a landfill near Columbia Monday morning. Any guesses what it costs to get 1000 pounds of freight moved when there is an air and ground stop of freight going into the area? I was amazed that our freight broker found a guy. When he called and quoted the cost he said are you sitting down? The reply was are you sitting down, send the driver to pick it up.

biscuit and Swamp Stalker like this.
  6. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    She’s pounding us pretty good right now. Power poles laying on the ground here in Fayettville. 80,000 folks her 72,000 without power. Oh and in keeping with forum rules (I bow hunt deer) that should do it.
    Brad

tkaldahl2000 and Sota like this.
  7. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping and praying for the best for all of you. Having been through several typhoons in Micronesia I can relate a little. Even a cat 3 storm can peel the tin off of a roof like a can opener.

When this is all over, if you know the name of any local charities that will make max use of a donation I would like to do more than hope and pray.

Okiebob and biscuit like this.