Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Hunting Logs/Charts....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WesternMdHardwoods, Jul 28, 2009.

1. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I am just curious as to how any of you keep records of all your hunts and what you keep track of? I figured it would be nice to share what software/strategy you use to keep in check?

I myself am not the best with computers but am getting better, so I find it wasy to just put all my info in a College ruled notepad. I generally just write the date,morning or evening, temp, rain/snow/hot/cold/etc..., buck sightings, doe sightings, kills. I also write a brief small paragraph about the day!

I try my best to keep up with it, but sometimes after the long days I fall behind on it!! I hope that one day when I am old/or dead my kids/grandkids can read about my hunts!!

So please share how you do it!!

ALSO: I think this year I am going to start trying to put the night before moon phases in my books also!

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I usually just use my team thread for it,

I basically keep track of # of deer, bucks, does, fawns, and anything unusual or noteworthy.

3. WesternMdHardwoods

Dislikes Received:
    Do you write it all down or put it in some kind of computer software?

4. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Date/AM or PM/Location/Weather & wind/Deer seen/Bucks seen & if any bucks offered a shot opportunity & anything odd that may happen during the hunt
    I keep it in a hardbound journal.

5. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Already have a fresh excel sheet ready to rip for 09. One of my goals is to keep a good journal for a season.

6. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't generally visit many other hunting sites but Mossy Oaks site has a built in Field Journal when you register. It allows you to break down your journal into sightings, harvest, land management and input all other important details. You can keep your name as well as others who frequently hunt with you information seperate. You can include pictures/maps and break the areas you hunt down to specific properties, locations within the properties, and sub-locations within that (i.e. one of mine is Property= Eastern Shore Old Marsh, Location =NW pocket, Sub-Location = Marsh Edge Tripod)

It has an area for USI Unique Species Identification you can use if you want to track encounters with a particular animal and the information surrounding it(time, location, weather, trail cam pics, etc).

All in all it's pretty cool and even though it took me quite a while to get it set up(lots of stand locations/properties) I am looking forward to using it this season.

Of course it's probably just as easy to write it in a notebook.

7. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I keep extremely detailed hunting logs using MS Excel.

Actually, I keep an annual log, document all of my scouting trips, shed hunting trips, turkey hunting trips, hunting trips, and even game camming outings.

8. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Just started last year. Date, Time on stand (hours/minutes), Temp, Wind Direction(s), Doe Count, Fawn Count, Buck Count, Deer Entrance/Exits and Times, plus general notes.

9. WesternMdHardwoods

Dislikes Received:
    TTT~~ Thats all of ya's?