Hunting Knives...........

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Dec 12, 2016.

1. marine1986

marine1986 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you like the Buck and want something more custom you can go on there website and they offer a custom engraving option and give you different options for grip material as well. I'm going to pick one up myself For next year.

2. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd recommend the Outdoor Edge Razor Pro. It has replaceable blades like a Havalon but with a stiffer back bone and a fold out gut blade. Retail is $75 but you can probably find it cheaper on Amazon or online. Nothing custom about it so it wouldn't be something to pass down from generation like you were wanting in that respect. This will be the next knife I purchase. I currently have a a couple knives from Gerber and Kershaw I really like but this will be the next one.

https://www.outdooredge.com/collections/hunting/products/razor-pro?variant=16399691779

3. rth548

rth548 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    SANDOWN FORGE
    This guy is awesome at custom stuff. He can also take an idea from you and build it.

4. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  5. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love my new Outdoor Edge, sharp as surgical tools!!

6. Monks

Monks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Original Belt Knife
    [​IMG]

Trout and Bird knife
    [​IMG]

I've been using D.H Russel Belt knives since I started guiding many years ago. My dad gave me the smaller trout bird knife when I was 13 and still have it and use it. They fit your hand perfect and stay sharp skinning moose, and for deer sharpen only once and gutted and quartered no problem. The blade design is good for gutting, skinning and caping. Made in Canada and an all around perfect hunting knife. I find most people by to big off a knife and I have guided countless people who say oh use this knife, handing me a cumbersome knife good for making kindling. Anyway great knives.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums