Hunting industry becoming insincere?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shane0709, May 30, 2019.

1. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And right here in this very thread, we have guys that have hunted for years that actually believe "scent control" works....
    To shun the industry because it's all BS...yet, fall for one of the biggest fallacies to ever hit the whitetail woods. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried, lol.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. Mod-it

Mod-it Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto.
    I hunt for me, because I like the challenge and really like processing my own meat. Making jerky, sausage, etc. is dang near as fun as hunting.
    I find a bow I like and generally keep it for quite some time. Had my last bow for over 10 years. The "newest" one is a 2014 left over that I bought in late 2015. If it meets my criteria and I shoot it well...well, that's all that's needed isn't it?

Sota likes this.
  3. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

CrispySmurf and Shane0709 like this.
  4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    There comes a point where carrying on the argument is nothing more than a waste of time. Tit for tat, back and forth, until nothing has been accomplished.

BowhuntOnly likes this.
  5. dbow

dbow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think he has a valid point. Instead of learning about the outdoors, learning about hunting and the wildlife we hunt, most shows are about business and marketing.

Most are full of talentless businessman who are really Walmart level hunters with money. Every 5 years or so I get sick if it and start talking to trad guys.

I do like your show Justin, but maybe a little humility? You don't have hunting figured out because you can run a business. The Wisconsin public land episodes prove that haha . Dont get salty now..

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CrispySmurf and Shane0709 like this.