Hunting in North East Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Buckwheat, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,

I am newer to Oklahoma, I live in Wyandotte so close to Missouri. Looking for any recommendations on good places to hunt. It doesn't seem that there is a lot of public land around and not having much luck with private land. Looking for anything at this point. Would like to be able to do some small game hunting as well.

Also interested in any other hunters in the area that like to get together and shoot.

2. TeamOkie918

TeamOkie918 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There's actually a lot of public land areas, but it may just be a bit of a travel for you. I'm not real familiar with your area, as I'm in Tulsa and hunt north of here. I'm sure you have hit the DOW's website for a list of the WMA's right?

3. Buckwheat

Buckwheat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey TeamOkie918, thank you for the information. Yes, I have been scouring the DOW's website. I did find some areas that are relatively close (1-2 hours) the closest being Spavinaw, I plan on doing some scouting there for this upcoming season. It should work good for weekend hunts. Not quite close enough for those times when I have a chance in the evening but I will take what I can get. I also did find some land that may be close to me on the GRDA website but even their map doesn't really map it out at all and it is not physically marked onsite so I am trying to contact my local game warden to get some clarification as that location would provide the opportunity for some last minute evening hunts when my schedule allows.

TeamOkie918 likes this.