Hunting during harvesting?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jake/OH, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Jake/OH

Jake/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got home from school to see the neighbor harvesting his corn, my stand is about 60 yards from the treeline that seperates our properties and this was the stand I intended on hunting tonight. Still a good idea ? Or would I be better suited to go find someplace with less traffic. BTW this stand is over a newer mock scrape that appears to be getting some activity.

2. RackHunter

RackHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say hunt it. I shot my biggest buck when they were combining my corn field. Him and about 5 other deer ran out of the corn and into the woods by my treestand.

3. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    With all the corn that gets knocked off on the ground, the engine on a combine harvester is almost like the sound of an automatic deer feeder. I say hunt it.

4. SOIL hunter

SOIL hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Doesn't bother the deer much. I have watched a large buck stay hidden in a corn field and just step over a fews rows each time I passed with the combine.

My brother-in-law has taken 2 deer with a bow from his combine. Not really sure if that is completely legal though.

5. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agree with above posts. Hunt it. It's kind of like looking for golf balls after they drain the "water hazard".

6. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The farmer is tilling the field 200 yards to my east. I'm huntin I'm hopin it pushes deer my way.

Sent from iPhone

7. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I asked a friend who has been hunting for years this same question and is a farmer himself. He said he sees deer run to the field edge and watch until he is done a lot of the times. He said if they go to the timber, they dont go very far in and they will keep coming back out to see if he is still there and just wait till he is done, then no sooner then he gets stopped and out of the combine and into his truck, they are hitting the field.