hunting coyote in socal mountains

Discussion in 'West' started by Bryan Jeffrey, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im new to hunting and dont really know anybody that hunts coyote. i have read as much as i can find online. but id like to know what works for you all out in this area and hopefully i can get some questions i have answered. just remember. everything about hunting is new to me. so any advice no mater how basic will be helpful.

if this helps. ill be hunting around the crestline area.

when you are using a distress call. do coyote always come from directly down wind, or just not from directly upwind?
    do certain calls only work certain times of year, or just depends on where you are at?
    how long do you usually go with your calling sequences, and how long do you wait before you call again?
    In the morning how long will you call before knowing nothing is coming in and move to the next spot or pack it out?
    what time do you usually set up for the evening hunt?
    does most any sent control work well?

i know there are coyote where i hunt. because i here them where i live. and i have scouted the areas i want to hunt and found coyote scat, tracks on very used game trails, and i have even come across a pile of bird feathers right on the trail. its just a matter of learning the right way to hunt, call, and where to set up.

2. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    should this be in "bowhunting talk"