hunting cost?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by thenuge, Apr 18, 2016.

1. thenuge

thenuge Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to get into bow hunting but cant do it in the uk. so where is the best place to start with out braking the bank. it seem very expensive going on a "hunting holiday"

2. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here in the states it is quite inexpensive because many people can simply go to public use areas and hunt. You are in an unfortunate situation because to my knowledge there is no public use land in Europe, certainly not in England. It can be done though. The absolute cheapest hunt you could do in my opinion would be in the states. I think a good place to start might be here at Home (European Bowhunting Federation) this is a good resource for everything about european bowhunting. France and Spain have some good opportunities for bowhunters though if I'm not mistake. If that doesn't turn something up then you should probably start planning a trip to the US or to New Zealand. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What @victoryhunter said! Your hunts are basically restricted to rabbits up there. Depends if you want to hunt just anything, or you're wanting to make this an unforgettable memory. I have some great South African hunt packages available for October 2016 if you're interested? Let me know.

4. thenuge

thenuge Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for the reply's lads......i guess all i can do is start to save lol

5. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

6. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Save up! Be worth every penny!

7. theback4

theback4 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey there @thenuge you might want to hear this. I just happened upon a field and stream article, and I thought of you and your question. The article is about exploding populations of deer and boars destroying vineyards in Tuscany, Italy. If you're looking for a hunting trip near home, I think that could be your best bet. There are probably no public lands or outfitters, but if I were you I would look into this. Contact some of the vineyards, you may find one receptive to someone looking for game to pursue. The article title is: "Deer, Wild Boars Wreaking Havoc on Tuscan Vineyards" on Field and Stream.com. Best of Luck!