Hung up the V3 27

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by biscuit, Oct 9, 2021.

1. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love to hate this bow, but I just couldn’t make the steep string angle work for me. This bow is super smooth, quite and just over all a great hunting bow, but I was absolutely killing my form to get this thing where I needed it to be, so it’s on consignment at the shop.
    As the story goes, there were no 31s in the shop the day I bought it, thus I didn’t get to shoot one, I’ve never shot an 27 ATA before, but that wasn’t gonna scare me off so I bought it. After putting hour after hour at the range I finally decided that someone who can shoot a short ATA bow like this little beauty will benefit from my lack of judgment. With that being said I’ve shot the V3 31 a whole bunch this week and love it.

I’m deciding weather or not to take advantage of the price drop in here in the coming weeks as we get closer to the release date for the new bows, or just exercise some patience and wait, I only own one bow so I’m just sitting idle until either I pull the trigger on a 2021 V3 31 or wait to see what’s coming out this year

I’m just not too sure if Mathews is gonna release something off the charts this year

2. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’m not a Mathews guy, tried a few in the past and I loved the V3 -31 and its my primary bow now. Your money but I think they hit it outa the park. I also never ran a back bar, with that it makes it the most steady bow I ever owned.

Dan Curtis likes this.
  3. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Appreciate the input

4. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All personal preference! Good luck on your decision!

5. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im on my second Mathews in as many years. I have the VXR 28 and the Verix before that.. I am short, 5'6 with a 27" draw so string angle is a non issue. My only dislike is the weight of the bow. It's heavy compared to my Elites I had. I really loved my Elites, especially the E32. The Impulse 31 was a great bow as well, they shot well, sometimes I wonder why i sold either of them. However, the Mathews is a solid bow and it is a smooth bow and bult like a tank.

Dan Curtis likes this.
  6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I own both the 31 and the 27 and tend to gravitate toward the 27 for most of my shooting. The string angle has never really been an issue for me, outside of the fact that the peep is about as high as it can get before running into the end serving.

Dan Curtis likes this.
  7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How much????

In Venatione Veritas

8. bogob

bogob Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've never been able to shoot a short A/A bow. Love Mathews tho, MQ1 was the best bow I've owned. But I can't pull but 52 lbs back anymore ,found an Elite 34" A to A last year and like it almost as good as Mathews.