HSS Products

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by x ring300, Nov 11, 2012.

1. x ring300

x ring300 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As I get older I start to think more about coming home safe from hunting . I don't know what ever was in my head years ago . Must have had super powers and couldn't get hurt mentality. I just don't know . If your going to hunt from tree's please use some type of safety system . The one I like come's from HSS . Love there product line and will recommend them every time. Hunt Safe x ring300

2. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted back in the days when there was no such thing as a safety belt. Tree stand safety has came a long ways since then and I don't hunt unless I use my harness and a HSS Lifeline on each stand.

3. Country Lover

Country Lover Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah i just bought one for the first time, this year. Hunted 15 years without one and really dont know why i did.

4. Tigers92

Tigers92 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I dont get in a stand with out one.

5. LizzidGizzid

LizzidGizzid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ordered the HSS Ultra Lite Extreme from Cabela's...camo and binoc/range finder loops....climbing strap. Lot's of good reviews...do any of you use it? Like it?

6. BOWDADDY64

BOWDADDY64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted for years without one, out of some pretty scetchy stands too I might add. I started building my own hang ons and tree sticks and was super confident in my work, didnt leave a thing to chance. BUT NO HARNESS! What I was thinking I'll never know, but long story short is I had a chain come off the hang on while I was setting one up for the season and took a 20'+ freefall and got caught up on the steps on the stick and the result was a week in the horsepital and around 300+ stitches to put humpty back together, no broken bones but if I hadnt had my Bother in law there I would have died from blood loss. We are, none of us, invinceable and "luck" runs out. Always remember to strap in and live to hunt again. I got lucky, some dont fare as well.

7. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got that same one, haven't had it long but like it so far. I wear it under my outer layer, it has a pocket of sorts between shoulders that the strap comes out, but it works out good bc can easily access all the pockets on my jacket. The fit is pretty good, pretty sure I have xl, first couple times wore it kinda felt like was hunched over and couldn't stand up straight but a few adjustments took care of that. Now I don't go into woods without it.

8. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am the same way. I agree 1000%!

9. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you're using a climber I would suggest the HSS rope style tree strap over the climbing strap. It is a lot easier to use and it is only $20.

http://www.huntersafetysystem.com/store/rope-style-tree-strap.html