Hoyt RX7 Reviews?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Justin Goins, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Justin Goins

Justin Goins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone got to shoot the RX7 yet? I'm going to go shoot it next week but just wandering if anyone has shot the new hoyts yet and whats your opinion on them?

2. fordnut

fordnut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ontarget7 did a review on AT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Be careful where you get your reviews from lots of shills out there.

Shot, Handled and Weighted both the RX7 and RX7 ultra.

Weight
    RX7, weight 4.3 right out of the box with the little stabilizer and limb dampers

RX7 Ultra, 4.7 or 4.8 ( my scale would read 4.7 then switch to 4.8, so it on the cusp) right out of the box bare with just the stubby stabilizer and limb dampers. I can’t see this at 5.7 like Shane’s with a fast Eddie( weights about 15 oz) a rest and full length stabilizer…

Draw and shot. Both 65 lbs, 85% let off, 28inch shooting from the top of mod
    RX7, very smooth, very linear, no dump at all. Small valley, not enough valley for me. I would definitely have to add more valley for liking. These cams felt drew and felt like a bow rated like 325ish IBO. I can’t see getting mid 340es out of that draw cycle. No way. Post shot, no feedback at all, no vib, tiny little bit of jump to it, hardly noticeable. Over all draw and shot….excellent.
    The room we shot it in everything sounds loud…but this bow is definitely quite.

RX7 ultra…you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference from the RX7, the only noticeable difference was it had a slightly better valley and much better string angle. Again feels Like a bow that be rated 325 ish

Finish

The Realtree camo looked dull and washed, especially on the riser. The Sitka evl 2 looked cheap, like it was a knock off version on the riser..stretched maybe? All in all, maybe slightly better then RX 5 that was there…maybe. Certainly nothing great and definitely not on par with the 1800 price tag.

The solid in tan or whatever they call is was boring and dull as anything. Looked like something Randy Ulmer would like… I wouldn’t say it was rattle can job but I wouldn’t call is anything special either. That was the only color they had for the carbon models. The aluminum finishes were way nicer across the board.

These are nice bows. 1800 nice? no way. Pleasant shooting hell yea, just like a lot of four and half pound bows with mild binary cam ..most of which would have cost you about half the price.

Justin Goins likes this.