Hoyt Powermax

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by BowCommander, Jul 22, 2017.

1. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last year I had the Hoyt Charger and didn't even get a chance to hunt with it as I was laid off a few weeks before hunting season. Unfortunately, I had to sale my Charger for much less than what I had in it. I'm back on my feet now and looking buying a new bow and the Powermax seems to have replaced the Charger. I called my local shop and the Bone Collector limb package is $585 which is the same thing I gave for the Charger.

I liked the Charger, as it was light weight, but the draw could have been better IMO especially the back wall. Has anyone shot the Powermax & the Charger both? What did they do different to the Powermax in comparison to the Charger and which bow did you like better?

Open to suggestions to Mathews bows, as well. The shop I go to sale Mathews and Hoyt.

Thanks!

2. Wisco1

Wisco1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Hoyt Powermax. It's a great bow at a reasonable price. Really smooth draw cycle.

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Hoyt Charger but have not shot the Powermax. However, since Hoyt discontinued the Charger to roll out the Powermax, I doubt you would be disappointed with it given that you liked the Charger. Good luck!