Hoyt Powermax Vs. Hoyt Charger

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Joe Bear, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot both of these bows today. I went in thinking I was set on the Powermax but after shooting both bows I couldn't tell much of a difference. If there was a difference, I felt like the Charger might have actually shot a little more smoothly. There was also a slight vibration when I shot the Powermax. Now I am no expert, I haven't shot very many bows in my lifetime. Can anyone here give me some advice on these bows or convince me why I should get the Powermax over the Charger? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

2. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Powermax replaced the Charger this year so if you can get a good deal on the Charger and liked it better might as well go that route.

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For me it's all about the fit and feel.

4. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know the Charger is last years model, I just didn't know if the specs on the Powermax made it far superior to the Charger so I figured I would ask. They were similar and considering I can get the Charger for $125 cheaper I will probably go with it.

5. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at the specs, vary little difference between the two.
    3 fps and a rotating module.
    $50 per fps, I'd save the money and get the charger, they're great shooting bows.
    $150 buys a dozen good arrows and some broadheads or a real good target.
    Not even a question in my book.

6. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Specs look pretty equal. If the Charger is more comfortable I'd go with it. I got mine this year bare for $449 on special. As long as I keep from trying something new, I won't be replacing it for some time.

7. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last year I bought my first bow. I was pretty set on the Charger due to price and overall seemingly good quality. I went to my bowshot and shot the Charger and it felt good. Then the owner had me shoot a Bowtech Carbon Knight. At the time it was $50 more than the Charger, lighter and faster FPS. Charger had a little vibration and the Carbon Knight had none I could feel. I bought the Carbon Knight. I'm not trying to change your mind, but this was just my experience and 2 cents. Good luck and enjoy whatever bow you get.

8. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't like the valley of the bowtech compared to the Charger. Way to big my liking.

9. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In 2012 the Charger had just came out. I shot it and an Assassin and liked the Charger but loved the Assassin. I bought the Assassin. It's a bummer Bowtech stopped making that bow, it was a very underrated bow. You are the first person I ever heard say a BT had too big of a valley LOL. Most play with the stops to get it to not want to take off on them.

10. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bought my wife the charge and I shot it before we bought it and it is a very smooth accurate bow, she loves the thing the cams work well for her because compared to her diamond she's pulling back 6 more pounds of weight. For $125 cheaper I'd say stay with the charger.