Howdy!

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by NMGuy, Sep 3, 2019.

1. NMGuy

NMGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hola everybody! From SE New Mexico here.

Looking to get into archery now. Mainly hunt coyotes and thought it would be a fun new way to go about it.

Potentially to hunt game animals in the future as well but mostly for the song dogs.

I do have some limited prior experience shooting my best friend’s compound bows and recurve bows. He has the same draw length as me but I’m now almost legally blind in my right eye so I must buy a left handed bow and learn to shoot switch handed. Woohoo fun!

Plan on going to a bow shop in west Texas somewhere to try a few nice compounds from Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, etc... out before I buy! I’ll be sure to post pictures whenever I finally buy something!

Hunting season is upon us now so everyone have a safe and fun hunt! Look forward to learning some and sharing a lot with everyone here!

2. NMGuy

NMGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for a second post. Guess I could share a little about myself.

Avid firearm shooter. Avid fisherman.

I’m a very “gear conscious” person. Not to be snobby but I like to buy what makes me happy the first time around. I’ve compromised in the past and regretted it. Only wanting to upgrade in the future. In the hardcore firearms community we say “buy once, cry once”. Meaning spend the money up front and be 100% happy with your purchase and cry only the one time about the hit to your wallet!

I buy and shoot SAKO, cooper, LWRC rifles. Browning and Benelli shotguns. I buy high end defensive weapons. I buy higher end Abu Garcia and Shimano fishing equipments, etc... I might not have an extensive collection of any of this stuff but I’m always impressed and happy with the quality, reliability, and consistency of these products.

I intend to go about this same process with my first bow!