How traditions are started

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by in2blood, Apr 4, 2014.

1. in2blood

in2blood Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll just start out by saying that I never thought I would experience anything like this hunt. I have absolutely no gear when it comes to hunting turkeys. I have my bow and that's about it. My son asked me back in January if we could chase them and of course I said yes, knowing it was probably an empty promise. I try to be a man of integrity and keep my word but with a serious lack of equipment, places to hunt and my work schedule I didn't put anytime into planning a trip. I was sitting at work this past Monday when a friend of mine contacts me and asks if I was headed this year. I told him no but he said yes you are. He wasn't able to make his trip to Kansas due to me giving him too much work and he gave me the decoys, calls, blind and chairs and said go. I made one call to a landowner in NE Monday afternoon and we were headed out Tuesday night. My son was on spring break from kindergarten, my Dad was able to take a quick few days off of work and we were headed out to experience our first turkey hunt. I'll keep this short and say we cam close on the first day and called this guy into 10 yards within 10 minutes the next morning. To see my son shaking like a leaf, to see the smile on my Dad's face and to be successful on such a spur of the moment trip are memories that I will never forget for the rest of my life. God was good to us on the trip and I can't thank him enough for a great life 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg 9.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg .

2. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that's awesome. Great story, bird, and pics. Congratulations!

3. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well done! Great memories that none of you will forget no doubt. Great bird as well! Congrats!

4. arrowjunkie

arrowjunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome story and great pictures. Congrats!