How to Support Your Local Archery Shop

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, May 29, 2020.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do my best to support my local archery shop as often as I can. I know buying things online can save you money, but some things you can get there to help them out. It's good to have a good archery shop around. Especially one with an Indoor range with the sweltering heat we get here in NC. Be selective with your purchase. I buy all my bows from my local archery shop as well as my arrows.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. Jutte13

Jutte13 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My local archery shop is TRASH but they’re the only one around so I’m forced to use them. As soon as i move i will openly voice my opinion about them by name.

HOT TRASH. Every time i left, i felt frustrated with staff and unconfident in my equipment. But without a bow press, fletching jig, or special tools, they had me by the balls.

Just some small business owners making a living though, filling a demand. That’s business without competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My local archery shop was thriving during covid. With people being off and getting stimulus checks, they were selling new bows left and right. I was happy they were able to survive all the madness.

5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a bow shop 10 mins away. It's junk. I drive 35 mins to a great place ran by a old curmudgeon and it's great. I even made another member on here go when he come up to hunt and he liked the place so much he was planning a 4hr trip up here just to go before season.

SkylarPreston and MUDSHARK like this.
  6. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3 local shops within 25 min drive to each one from my place. The one I support with my purchase of new bows and the other any accessories / arrows / broadheads. The third has a 3 D range I like, the other 2 have not

SharpEyeSam likes this.
  7. SkylarPreston

SkylarPreston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been lucky enough to have a good archery shop near me. I just bought a new bow and got a dozen black eagle rampages customized from him. I did my part to help. Some small stuff I still order on amazon. Just not worth driving 30 minutes and then another 30 back to get something simple like Insert glue or field points.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums