how long should i wait

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bo., Oct 4, 2015.

1. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just moved a stand bout 20 yards from its original position putting it bout 15 yards off of a MAJOR HIGHWAY (far as deer go) crossing a ditch and a drag line path we had that is grown up with small pines and such.

the path runs from east to west....west to east....ever how you look at it. the deer trail runs north to south.....

I will HAVE to come into the stand from the east side...there is no way around this....but the stand is on the west side of the deer trail so I will have to cross over it to get to the stand....(no way around that either)

the path (from the deer crossing on west) is lined just on the edge of the path on both sides with tall pines....the rest of the field around it is cut down.

in the picture the number 7 in red is where this stand used to be...its a buddy stand...the green 7 is the new locations...it is on the right hand side of the path if you are walking in from the east

"the sanctuary" is a bedding area that we have designated as a NO GO zone...its a place that they can go to for safety and we wont go in there....

I have marked where the deer crossing is and most of the activity I see is in the evening with the deer moving from the sanctuary towards the field with the 9 in it.....its a secluded soybean field.

my question is...how long should I give it before I hunt the stand? it has had heavy rain and will have the next 2 days so the scent I left is not as big a issue

THANKS GUYS!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When the wind is right I'd give it a shot.