How do you not like the sport?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by No.6Hunter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why do you hate America?:poke:

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As a former TE/DE I watch football more for the individual battles in the trenches than the big exciting play downfield. I appreciate the technique. But I also find it mostly something to do between naps on Sunday back at deer camp.

Best thing I ever did for myself was give up fantasy football. Complete waste of tim/energy to care about players on teams for which I care nothing.

3. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't say baseball was boring lol, I thought that was America's sport? :lol:

4. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's funny, here we are arguing about sports and saying how boring they are, yet we each can sit in a tree for 12 hours straight five days in a row, and have a great time. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I really liked hockey growing up even though I didn't play. It was about as big a sport as football in high school. and local adult "semi-pro" leagues.

Professional, since there isn't a team around, and television just doesn't capture the sport well. Hockey, there is a shot, and you have no idea where it goes. You don't know if it was a goal unless the light comes on, if it was a miss, you don't know if it was 10 feet wide or 6 inches. and if the goalie catches it or blocks it you don't know until after it is all done, you can't really tell was it happens. In football, you could see james white fighting and diving or the endzone, in basketball you can see the ball hit the rim and bounce in our out. Hockey you need a replay to see how close something really was and that kills most of the excitement of sports.

Television just doesn't capture how difficult it is to be a goalie and have those shots comeing at you, or skate while shooting and passing with the accuracy they have.

6. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I really enjoy watching hockey in person. We actually had a small outdoor small scale pro team play for a year here in our city. We went to a ton of games. It was fun (and cold). I've been to the Wilkes-Barre Penguin games as well and that was a lot of fun. I just don't like watching much sport-wise on TV. I can watch football on TV and enjoy it, and playoff baseball, but that's about it.

7. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As some people have said, you can't see the puck most of the time. What you see is people crashing into each other, seemingly deliberately. It would be a lot more interesting if the refs called a foul and gave the guy who got crashed into two free shots (no goalie) at the goal, say from the middle of the court. I think you would see more skill in handling the puck. Maybe something could be done to make the puck more visible.

I'm not really crazy about basketball, but it needs one very important rule change. During the last two minutes of the game, each foul shot made should be worth five points.

8. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    They do this during intermission, kids and adults walk on the ice and attempt to score a goal from center ice with no goalie. There isn't many players in the NHL that would miss a wide open net from the center line.

I think the NHL is doing a good job at making the sport more exciting introducing 3 on 3 OT and having more outdoor games each year. Maybe CBC or FOX can bring back the glowing puck so it is easier to see.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think the outdoor game thing is over done. I watched a period of the wild blackhawks game last night. My wife said my post NFL season despair was showing.

10. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't understand it being hard to follow the puck. I've never had that issue.
    Personally, I absolutely love hockey. I love watching goalies come out of nowhere, completely beat, and snag the puck with the glove, while laying on their back. I love everything about hockey. Sure there can be a lot of back and forth in the neutral zone, but there is a chance to score every 30 or so seconds of game time. There were 70 shots on goal taken in last nights wild vs blackhawks game. Any one of those shots could go in at anytime.

11. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gophers scored 101 points last night and beat Iowa in 2OT. That's a lot more exciting to me than hockey.

I do like watching the Wild when I get the chance though but usually only the last half of the 3rd period.

12. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Johnny T got it done last.

13. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wild just got back from a long road trip and playing a back to back game with their backup goalie...I wouldn't be super happy letting them get a point out of it.

14. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is going to be the first year since I was born that the Red Wings don't make the playoffs :violin:

All these long term contracts have killed Detroit..Jonathan Ericsson has single handily ruined our defense over the years.

As I was typing Washington scored on us, going to be a long night.

15. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sach, crashing into each other in hockey is encouraged. It's even recorded and considered a beneficial stat.

16. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, a lot of sports are pretty boring to watch on TV but fun in person. The only sports I enjoy on TV are Football and Basketball. I love Baseball, Soccer, and Hockey in person (or on TV for big events like the World Cup, or the playoffs).... But there isn't enough scoring or action to keep me interested on my couch when it comes to those sports.

17. bobbyh

bobbyh Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I don't own a tv,,,haven't in almost 20 yrs, cause there are more important things in life for me to do than to waste hours watching the boob tube,,, if I need info, I use the internet, if I want to watch a tv show, I use internet, one price, millions of choices.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tom, easy now this is the Wild they will piss it down their leg at some point.

19. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This was tried several years ago, I believe it was NBC who made the puck glow, it even had a tail like a comet when the puck was shot. It was very corny and ultimately a failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was NHL on Fox, Lasted two seasons. We Canadians laughed and laughed and laughed. Then Bill got caught with Monica and we had a new reason to laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums