How do you get Sponsors?

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by bowhunting101, Jan 1, 2014.

1. bowhunting101

bowhunting101 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been wondering for a long time now how you actually get sponsored? I just wanna know if you have to send you something or if I had to do something?

2. Full Draw

Full Draw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of emails to company's you support. Get ready for lots of rejections. A archery résumé can help. Include any info that might benefit you. Where you hunt, do you video, 3D shoot in tourneys, and how they can benefit from sponsoring you. Keep a positive attitude when trying. Good luck.

"Live Life at Full Draw"

3. bowhunting101

bowhunting101 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you, yes i do video yet still working on the editing part! And the posting part.

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Be willing to sacrifice at times some products to get backing by others....basically at times be willing to ***** yourself out :)

5. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One of the best ways is to talk to people at shows, national level 3d shoots.

It isn't about winning, it is about selling yourself and a product.

Talk to your local dealer. He can set you up with a dealer rep staff position if he sees it as beneficial.

Sometimes its all about the gift of gab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  6. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let me add, most of these guys are not making anything off of these sponsorships. At first, money is coming out of your pocket to become known.

The dealer is the best place to start. This can get you some great discounts and move up from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

7. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This x10. More often than not you will be getting a discount vs. free product.

Getting involved in a local archery club or youth camp can be very beneficial to your resume as well.

8. tlrfshr

tlrfshr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In many cases string companies will look for Pro Staff members in order for you to support their product. With so many companies out there there is a demand for others to get their products out and into the hands of the shooter who can support their product the best. I am a staff shooter for 60X Custom Strings and have a string from them on my bow. I can share with my hunting buddies and all my friends who shoot bows whether it be in the field or on the 3D range. I sent them an email when they were looking for shooters and they signed me up.

Some companies want those with tournament wins and state record bucks. Others just want the guy who loves what he does and is out in the field everyday which in return helps sell their products.

Good luck and just allow for some time before they start to offer you positions to be a staff shooter.

9. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    also, just some words of advice/wisdom, careful what you wish for!! it CAN be a double edge sword. representing a company/being sponsored comes with responsibility/level of expectation = pressure on you, which in return can take the fun of it all away. I was heavily sponsored in another sport (paintball) at the national level. everything comes with a price, I don't even own a paintball gun anymore.