Hooter shooter

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ash d, Aug 6, 2016.

1. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Was considering having my bow put on the hooter shooter at my local archery shop. Has anyone else had their bow on one and would you recommend it? I don't remember exactly what it was going to to cost I think around 125 but not positive.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would have to be pretty dang curious to spend $125 to have a machine shoot my bow. I have not heard of any bowshops in my area that has one.

3. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My local shop has one but doesn't charge that much that's quite expensive if you ask me they charge 50 at my shop and they shoot your bow a bunch through the machine at targets at different yardages and through paper to precisely tune it the machine holds a bow perfectly supposedly.

4. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What's the benefit to having your bow tuned perfectly to a perfect machine hold/shot when in real world use the hold/shot is imperfect?

I would rather tune my bow for myself, not for something unrealistic.

Now, using a hooter shooter to test different arrow configurations, that I can see some benefit in.

5. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure that's why I never do it lol I tune my bows myself to how I hold and shoot it. The machine is not killing the animals for me so I see no point in doing this through a machine. I guess it's for piece of mind some guys need to know there bow is perfectly tuned to spec I guess.

6. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Would you use a crooked golf club because you're just used to using it that way? Some people may but the other train of thought is probably that the bow should be set up perfectly and functioning perfectly and the shooter needs to adjust their bad habits and poor form to the machine rather than the other way around.

I've never used one...I'd probably use a crooked golf club, not that I'd know the difference.

7. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hooter shooters are really a neat tool. I can access one whenever I want. We have found that it's really limited in so far as how much you can tune a bow with it, because tuning a bow is also tuning the bow to you as well.
    However a hooter shooter is eye opening in regards to accuracy test of arrows, fletching and broadhead design.
    All that said it would be low on the list of tools needed for shop. It still amazes me how many shops and people don't have a draw board.

8. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same as using a sled to site in rifle.