Honovi Hunters - Team 4

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by NebBowhunter, Aug 18, 2014.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well everyone...today is my last hoorah. With tonights sunset my season will end. Gonna be hunting just yards from the sanctuary in hopes something leaves early enough for a shot. The place has seen zilch shootable movement since the gun season idiots trounced everwhere....never before have I seen a place shut down like this year. Gotta give it a try tho and see.

Found out we may lose the place next year depending and hope to close out this year with something good just incase....not looking forward to that discussion with landowner, just sucks cuz it is our main place we hunt and finally feel ready to tackle it and fully.....fingers crossed for that.

Either way tonight goes thanks for an awesome year team wise and I still think we got deer coming still....actually I got a call from one of you yesterday but couldn't make out name in message....sorry for that would call back but I don't have signal in the shooting range when working and just the voicemail popped up no number for missed call.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE STILL HUNTING!!!

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This morning was it for me too. I did find two doe carcasses. Did I tell you all I HATE poacher's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my XT830C

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well for those of you that aren't in the group text I ended the season with a doe...if you got nothing to do over lunch or just love reading hunting stories it is HERE

It didn't go quite as planned but I got her. Only went hunting twice this year with doe fair game and am amazed both hunts I got one :) haha!

Those of you who still have season left get out there, you know you'll regret it when you have no more time left!!!! Plus we could use some POINTS!

4. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team -

I hunted hard since my last post. Getting out at least 3-4 times. Most hunts taking the crossbow instead of the black powder just to take a doe (or buck) and get some jerky. Saw some doe on property we could not shoot into, on one hunt with my son. On another hunt, had three doe kicked to me but, no shot materialized even though they were 35 yards away. Other sits saw zilch. I might get out one other time this week, then the season is over. I'm disappointed that I've put in a lot of time this season (like all seasons) and just did not get the shot opportunity. The last couple hunts started out at 15,10, and 20 degrees but, still at it!

5. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good job Ty and good luck Pick!

6. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Well Things ended up falling through for my normal spot in Ohio but I had a few buddies going down to a different srea so figured I would go down with them for the Muzz. season. Turns out 2015 didnt wanna start out on the right foot for me. Got about 3 hours from home heading down one of my ball bearings went out and locked up my front tire. So had to get my truck towed to a shop. Luckly I was the first one heading down so I had my buddies swing by and pick me up on there way down. Temps where reaching almost 60 and rain so movement was slow. Ended up seen 7 1.5 year olds and a bunch of does though. Since I havent filled my Ohio tag yet I am hoping to make it back down with bow in hand trying to get a late season buck so hopefully I can knock another 50 points for us

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    pick...keep at it brother...no buck ever came together for me but I knew if I didn't keep hunting clear through the evening last night I'd regret it. Now I have no regrets of not hunting when I could have. I still got ya picked for a late season harvest :)

8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Is that tag good for buck only? If anything that last day kill something mature buck or doe :D

Sucks about the truck...timing seems to always be bad. My front end is making some noise I need to inspect.....just dredding what it might be.

9. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it is a either sex tag but the guy I hunt with down there doesnt like to shoot doe's so thats out. But he has a awsome late season farm just need snow and cold weather and odds are high. I wont be as picky now as long as it is a mature buck though.

10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Always easy to not be as choosy when you got a 140 incher down and out on a Schwinn huh? bahah! :lol:

11. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    hahaha I would of liked to hold out for one close to or bigger but its coming down to the wire and if hes mature that will be good enough for me

12. bloodrunner13

bloodrunner13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Jerky making day with my fathers new smoker he made out of an old kitchen warmer

IMG_3750.jpg IMG_3751.jpg

13. Mo Bow Hunter

Mo Bow Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Should I send you my address? Lol! Be careful next to that siding.

14. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice smoker.... Live that.

Hoyt Faktor 30
    Bowstring Depot Field Staff

15. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone done a tally lately on us and the other teams for entries not officially updated?

16. Rick James

Dislikes Received:
    Did we ever reach out to Blood to get that entry updated? I can't remember what page the entry was on the official scoring thread........

17. almightynut

almightynut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys im still here. ive had a messed up month something got messed up with unenployment and they cut it off so thats why i havent had my phone to text you guys. ive been out a few times hunting in the last month last week i was sick but it snowed here and i knew they would be moving and i was right but i was so sick i could not even pull my bow back at all standing or sitting. i plan to hunt today and a few times every week and saturdays till jan 31st. i can get on the forum during the day but not at night. so i hope i get one soon i set up a stand about 20 yards off a trail that i see them on all the time and my second sit was when i was sick. im feeling alot better now and can wake up from sleeping and pull my bow back sitting down now so i think im good lol with it now guys

18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure....will ask el cap-i-tan bout it.

19. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys , I haven't been around to see what's been going on lately . Once I start making fishing lure I get lost in my own little world .

I did contact bloodrunner about his buck entry . He did add the time to his post but I don't think that he rescored his buck to add the 2 missing H measurements.

20. Rick James

Dislikes Received:
    Can someone contact Bloodrunner again?