Honovi Hunters - Team 4

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by NebBowhunter, Aug 18, 2014.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yup....but you, Mike, Matt and a couple others I know are gonna down some does!

2. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Also that's without Blood's....he needs to add a time to his post and we're 80+points higher.

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bloods deer also needs re-scored including H4's. The buck doesn't have G1's either, so the H4 measurement needs to be taken from the middle of G3's (not currently scored). I'm guessing that gives him another 4-5" that isn't reflected in his current score card.

4. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Captain shoot Blood an email explaining he needs time added and some noticed a slight scoring error which should help him score better. Private messages don't work always, but click on his profile and do the email option.

5. almightynut

almightynut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I know one is that if I don't shoot a doe soon,mid January I'll most likely take one or two with them not having any food around that will help me out a lot

6. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Just seen the updated score and bloodrunner has already updated his entry to include the time . Thanks for the info about private messages , I hadn't had one not work but will do the email method in the future !!

Don't know if he changed the score or not but I'll look back through the posts and see what it should be .

7. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sent him a message about the H4 measurements , hopefully he'll get that edited before the score is updated again .

Thanks for the help guys !!! Now get out there and kill something :)

8. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, What's up? Was sick last weekend. Going to keep on hunting for the next month. I can still kill two more bucks. Hope everyone is doing well.

9. Mo Bow Hunter

Mo Bow Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got back in woods today with my bow haven't been out since I shot my buck exactly a month ago. With rifle and holiday had to hang it up for awhile. I put the first doe that came through down and got us 50 more points. It's posted on scoreboard. Keep at it boys and good luck we are on the home stretch with a nice lead.

10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yet again congrats Mo Bow. Well swamp property proved RD and some others is still alive however they ceased all daytime action once the "idiot" hunters the landowner lets on walked all over the freaking place...AND I MEAN WALKED EVERYWHERE! Doubt the dude even sat down once....cameras triggered everywhere even the one up 2 feet from the bedding entrance...ugh.

Gotta let that place cool down even more....praying for cold and snow because that is when they really utilize the most huntable Northern part near our brassica plot which produced mega tonnage this year. Won't be hunting there this week...Sunday would be earliest I may slip out for afternoon...but more for just a recon check of cameras not to get something.

I may have to settle for one of the smaller Homestead bucks if given the right winds....Homestead hasn't teemed with activity as much either because learned the neighbor kid has been hunting a ton and his buddy on their property which with our hinging is the property the deer must use to cross onto our from the West. Off season he wants to get with us to discuss options for his place and how to hunt it better and hopefully work together so we see deer like before.

The good news is the East side of Homestead still has deer moving during the day and given a South wind I'll be in the communal scrape/pinch run and there is no telling what could walk by there...every year numerous bucks slip through there late season....not to mention the couple that lived through gun could come by and make me itch my trigger finger.

Good luck fellas.....LET'S DROP SOME DOES and maybe a buck or two!

11. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Mo Bow Hunter. Everyone keep up the good work and good luck.

12. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Mo Bow Hunter , that's awesome !!

Good luck to everyone that's still out hunting !!

13. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Mo Bow!!

I ended up not making it out Sunday. Got a message Saturday evening that a good friend of mine passed and I spent a little time grieving. Plan on getting back to it soon. Got some things to take care of and I need some deep woods therapy. Hoping I can tag my first bow buck and dedicate it to my friend.

On a lighter note. Congrats again to everyone, we've definitely got a great shot at taking this thing. Great job fellas!!

14. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright who all is going to make it out this weekend to try and put some points on the board?

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I am tomorrow till noon...sadly Sunday is out for me though....time is running down, pickiness is getting less and less...we'll see what happens.

16. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    I know what umean its sneaking up on us pretty quick. Who knew getting a doe would be so challenging lol

17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    That's the frustrating part...I got a couple spots I could go and slaughter some does...the bucks I want to shoot though are all nocturnal....one or two good 2.5 year olds may get death hand outs if they're not careful.

18. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hopefully gonna be able to get out tomorrow but I'll be using the shotgun if I do. So I won't be adding more points tomorrow even if I get a buck.

19. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Ty that one you passed on looked like a good one 120's range??

20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think his mass would have gotten him clear over 120 hump...I'll be honest he was a better scoring buck than I gave him credit initially. He was no older than a 2.5 year old though for sure...may have even been a 1.5 year old. If something like that walks by tomorrow morning chances are I may not have the resistance ability.