Homemade Blizzard buddy/heater body suits

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by JHasty, Dec 9, 2020.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just trying to see if anyone has any plans, knows where I can find some or have had someone make something similar to the blizzard buddy or heater body suit for them. I have seen some somewhere but I cant seem to find them anymore. My wife's mom is super handy at sewing and crafts so I was figuring it would be cheaper for me to go buy the fabric, insulation, and zippers and have her make me something similar rather than going out and dropping $300 to $400 on one. Any help that you guys could be would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think I saw homemade ones made from sleeping bags. Arm slits cut and binding sewn around arm holes and inside "suspenders" so you can zip down if too warm but keep it comfortably in place.
    Though a search turned up no patterns or videos . That said it did turn up many "wearable" sleeping bags.
    Personally I have a Cabelas extreme weather coat and pants with baffin boots. I sat out in -3 with God only knows the wind chill breeze hitting me for 6 hours one season. My hair, eye lashes and snot froze but the rest of me stayed warm.

Wop 75 and JHasty like this.
  3. goldtipxt

goldtipxt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: