Holder Proposes new "Racial Profiling Laws" in response to Ferguson, MO Incident....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by OHbowhntr, Dec 2, 2014.

1. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So what would RACIAL profiling have to do with some moron who was a suspect in a reported crime who is walking down the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD???

What on EARTH about a robbery suspect walking directly down the middle of a road obstructing traffic is being racially profiled??? That's a pretty easy ID on a 6'5" 300# man walking down the middle of the street when he matches the description of the suspect ain't it??? Is that profiling or dumb luck that the suspect just happened to be walking down the middle of the road???

I think Holder has lost normal brain function to think this situation had ANYTHING to do with racial profiling.

2. Jimmie

Jimmie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I guess the camera that filmed him pushing the attendant around inside the store is prejudiced. It may have
    photo shopped itself so there was a black man.

These retards need to open their eyes...

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Racial profiling laws.....geez. Pandering for votes.

On another note, if cops have to wear body cams, so should politicians in every non confidential closed door meeting, so should every teacher, so should every jail staff, so should every elected official.....and the list goes on and on. It isn't feasible and it is insulting.

I hate Holder and the same goes for Odumba. I cannot believe the tide of our country has turned so sharply in recent decades. The next several Presidential elections will be for this country's soul.

4. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm surprised by your stance on that. I think cops wearing a body cam is one of the few good ideas being thrown around currently.

If I was an officer, I feel like I would want to wear one to support what I claim went down so crap like this can't happen to me.

The racial profiling laws are just another fan to the flames or racism being stirred by both our leaders and media. Nothing new really.

5. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I have absolutely no desire to wear a body cam. However I fully expect to be wearing one within the next year and maybe my stance will change after some experience with it. Maybe people will start seeing how many breaks cops give to people. I just feel it is "Big Brother" and I am against most things that increase the bureaucratic nature of government. This massive cops wearing body cams thing is going to be a logistical nightmare.

6. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not an LEO, but if I was was there is no way I'd be happy about wearing a cam. The way I see it in a situation that you feel is life or death you have a split second or less to decide what course of action to take and take it. In a court room a jury will have days, weeks or even months to slow down the video and analyze it frame by frame. A lot like guys who film their hunts, you think you made a good shot until you play back the footage in slow motion only to realize it was less than perfect.

7. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure the transition may be frustrating but it shouldn't be too horrible once fully implemented.

I get the anti big government philosophy but you gotta realize that the police are part of that big government in many peoples eyes. I feel like these cameras can help debunk the stereotype that all cops are bad.

It will also help hold the few db cops accountable for their actions... the few who give the whole a bad name. They exist everywhere, and wearing a simple camera can help keep them from overstepping their boundaries just as much as it will help cops when people falsely accuse them of doing just that. Win win in my eyes, although I admit I haven't put a ton of thought into it or the downside of it (I'm sure one exists).

8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    More pandering to the morons that put them in office. It's beyond ignorant to use the Ferguson case as any form of statement about race. Live like a thug, die like a thug. No matter your color. A black officer would have been forced to make the same decision to defend himself. If you are stupid enough to advance on an officer that has a weapon pointed at you, you are stupid enough to die that day. To acknowledge the supporters of this thug in any way, is to give credence to an illogical ideal.

9. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There's a saying around here. The fiddler doesn't play for free forever. Sooner or later you have to pay him. Can't dance for free forever.

This kid/young man learned that lesson the hard way.

I find the unarmed part absolutely absurd and comical. This guy is 295# and 6'5" . He can kill most people with very little effort.

This is exactly the same size as my daughter's boyfriend and I can say without a doubt, if he attacks me, I would have to shoot him to stop him (but he is a quality young man with a loving family that was raised right and I know that will never happen)

10. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see where you're coming from and agree more than disagree, however, I bet officer Wilson wishes he had one on that day.(not sure how much would have been caught on camera with the initial confrontation while he was in the car)

I hope you never need it but it can be more for your protection than not.

11. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The problem is even if they had footage of him defending himself these same F N idiots would still defend him and obama, holder, sharpton, jackson and the media would still play the race card.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  12. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly, cam or no cam there will still be the same people that will second guess everything the officer did or didn't do and how. Well why did you have to shoot or why that many times, where was backup, etc ect.

Yes there are db cops that probably overstep there authority but as this case showed, or so it seems, once the facts came out it wasn't just some unarmed nice young man that was gunned down by a racist cop. If we can't trust our officers to make these decisions then there are far bigger problems that wearing a camera will solve. I can very easily see it goin the complete opposite way it will be intended. Every interaction with a officer will be tore apart and then you'll have the people that are on TV now saying how terrible it is that this nice young man got shot will be looking for anything to say the cop was too aggressive or brutal in some way. Then there ya go the guy that just got arrested after robbing, beating, or raping someone will walk because of police brutality. Sorry but I'm not taking that trade, there's already enough that walk.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The part that I find so irritating, comical and sad is the fact that these Libtards chose the wrong case to publicize. They have absolutely no case to stand on, yet they continue to pretend they have facts on their side. The media, Obama, Holder, Sharpton and all the other race baiters have egg on their face in this one, but they are so deep in it right now they can't just walk away. They continue to push forward pretending that if they keep blaming whitey, somehow we will eventually be guilty of something. The problem is that these morons are in power.

Logistically, I think the cameras would be an absolute disaster. I guess I just don't see a reason to change based on this case as the office was clearly in the right.

14. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Eric Holder is an ******* .

15. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm an LEO, I'm not sure how I feel about body cameras. How are the people that we come in contact with everyday going to feel about being recorded? And especially the people's home we have to go into for medical calls. It will also make a lot of petty crimes that most would just turn the other check on now be prosecuted. ie the small bag of weed that just gets dumped out instead of arresting the guy. Putting a bigger burden on the overly crowded jail and court system which will ultimately cost the taxpayers more money. There is also the problem of being able to store all that data that is being recorded. It's not as cut and dry as most think.

16. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    AMEN!!! This stuff is just ridiculous how the people are doing this ignorant "hands in the air" protest, when the evidence clearly has shown that was NOT the case... Obama and Holder are going forth with a CIVIL RIGHTS investigation??? WTF are they thinking??? You have a robbery suspect who fits the exact description walking down the middle of the road, who then assaults a police officer after refusing to obey his order to get out of the road, then tries to reach inside the vehicle to take his weapon, and then is shot after starting to run away, then turning back around and charging the officer.... Where in all of that was there a need for a CIVIL RIGHTS investigation??? The TRUE CIVIL RIGHTS investigation should be on behalf of Darren Wilson, who has received death threats, who has been crucified by media, who has for all intensive purposes lost any normalcy to his life, yet he's the one being blamed!!!

It's about time one of the idiots who carries that RACEBAIT tackle box either got some sense in their brains or the BLACK COMMUNITY, who thinks these guys are supporting them, got a CLUE!!! All these worthless bastards are doing is keeping them down to a point where that community will think they are in need of these bastards.... For starters, maybe these guys could start addressing the problems with bastards, and re-bolster support for FAMILIES and children being raised by 2 parents, not just one, and then they could actually start the process of ADVANCING rather than holding that community back.

As far as body-cams go, I agree that the storing of the data would be a pain-staking and tedious process, and if we cannot at some level allow our LEO's to have some lenience in how the law is applied, people then would be even more angry than they already are.... I've personally seen MANY cases in which LEO's for the betterment of society and an individual have brought a drunk into the hospital to sober up rather than putting them in a jail cell, and many cases where rather than writing a ticket for public intoxication/disorderly/etc, they opt for turning a helpful but blind eye.... With bodycams all of this will be scrutinized by the side who wants more $$$ therefore wants more arrests and fines, and the side who sees that they let a young woman go but not a man, or a black, but not a white, or a Hispanic but not an Asian who did the same thing, etc....

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  17. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
  18. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I heard that story as well. I also heard 3 White House officials attended the funeral of Michael brown but none attended a fallen military hero. What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. stro1965

stro1965 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a cop. I also manage our department lapel camera program. Huge PITA. Connectivity issues, cameras breaking, storage issues, etc... We'll get it worked out eventually but it's not an easy transition.

20. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This whole case had done nothing more than to solidify the Obama legacy that anybody with some sense already saw coming. I love it. Obama and his regime will be remembered for the bull**** healthcare and the justified shooting of a thug. Hahaha. What a clown.