Hobbies

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Itswhatwedooutdoors6, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I Bass and Crappie fish a lot in the spring. And Hike during the summer going to start my first section of the AT this summer.

My wife wants to start Turkey hunting this spring so I guess I'll be doing that now and having a 9 month old at home keeps me pretty busy.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If I'm not hunting or doing something hunting related then you will have to come out to the golf coarse to find me. I even golf in the winter on those warm (50) days. but this season I gave up a ton of golf outings to check plots and cameras through out the summer. However, I am also i big trout fisherman. heck I've already made my reservations at Roaring Rivers state park for March 1st opening day of creel season in Missouri.

3. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I really enjoy bicycling in the summer. I try to put in 100 miles a week. I like to cook in the off season especially wild game. I really enjoy coaching football, but had to give that up to train the blood tracking dog.

4. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Life outside bowhunting and the deer woods is pretty awesome! My wife and I are both traveling trauma/critical care RN's so our full time work week is 36 hours, 3 twelve our shifts, so we have a lotta free time off together each week.

When we're not in the deer woods together we enjoy Bass and cat fishing, shooting trap and skeet, going to wine and scotch tastings, hiking, snow shoeing, biking, snow boarding, going to brewery tours, smoking/grilling/cooking whatever comes off the ranch, outta the woods, or from the creek, working/buying/selling cattle, and spending time with family.

Did I mention how awesome it is to have a 3 day work week the entire year? It makes it really easy to get hours on stand in October and November!!!

5. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    My other hobbies include running, weightlifting and I like to go bowling.

6. Mnardo72

Mnardo72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    golf, mtn biking, 4 kids

7. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fishing and wish I shed hunted more.
    492144245v1_460x460_Front_Color-SkyBlue_padToSquare-true.jpg

8. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Catfishing in the summer, floating the River to relax, grilling with friends, Ranch Rodeo's, Brandings, shooting, hanging out with friends, etc.

9. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kick boxing and working out. I also love to mountain bike and go camping in the summer, good way to scout!

10. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I coach baseball all summer, fish, hunt indian artifacts, play golf, serve as a board member on a foundation, volunteer as the local chamber of commerce president, play guitar, and sing at various events, but mostly.....I tinker with my leaf blower.

11. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Let's see this time of year modern warfare 3 takes up alot of the time mixed in with alot of beer. But when i am not doing that its snowmobiling, ice and roller hockey, softball, alot of fly fishing for stripers, and just going to maine and doing whatever!!!!I want to try ice fishing this year for the first time!!!!

12. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    3 yrs little league, 2 years JH baseball, 4 yrs girls softball.
    I miss it but I'm glad I'm done coaching!

13. Chenango Dave

Chenango Dave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When I'm not hunting deer - I'm into wildlife photography, falconry -hunting with my redtail hawk, fishing, metal detecting, trail camming with homebrews, arrowhead hunting and drinking beers.:nana: That keeps me pretty busy.

14. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    in the winter i get out ice fishing and snowmobiling a lot. spring time i usually don't do much but i am going to get into turkey hunting this spring with the bow so that should pass the time before my main addiction starts... i muskie fish way to much

15. coyotetrappermo

coyotetrappermo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For me 30 years I spent trapping and have a real passion for it, I was an ADC trapper out west for 7.5 years and coyotes where/have been my life for the past 20 or so years, bowhunting I have been at it for 30 years as well, just hard to find time with trapping and family, but bowhunting still draws me in. I'm getting back into it after taking a few years off. When I do something it is whole hog, I also like to fish as well. I work now at one of the biggest outdoor chains in the country. I enjoy the people and helping them, but hrs and pay is poor. I hope to either get back in with the MO Dept of Conservation or have an outdoor related job in the future, all of my life I have worked out of doors, being cooped up can get old even though we talk hunting every day at work helping people pick out items.

16. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have much free time these days but when I do get it I am typically fishing, hiking, snowshoeing, finding something to do outside. I sold my sled last year but once I'm done balancing work and grad school I hope to pick up another one. I'm going to try to ice fish more this winter.

17. brian5794

brian5794 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i fish nearly everyday from february to august