His bedding area?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by GordysHGH, Oct 13, 2016.

1. GordysHGH

GordysHGH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone, ive been seeing this nice buck almost every evening come out into the soy field about 15 minutes before dark, and this morning i seen him come out in the corn stubble almost in a direct line south of where he comes out at night. Now im assuming that would most likely mean his bedding area is in between the two locations where ive been seeing him, its very thick and and next to impossible to walk through.

Ive attached a photo off the area, the yellow dot is my old stand where ive been seeing him come out almost every night, and the last night he was chasing a couple does and sparing with another decent buck (the two red lines on the north side of the bush in the soy field) which is about 200 yards from my stand. That being said i moved my stand about 80 yards closer which is the green dot, its about 20 yards off an old wide grass trail that cuts through the bush, and about 50 yards off of an area where there is 15 new/old rubs (blue dots) on that grassy trail.

On the south side of the bush is a red X where i seen him this morning feeding on some corn which they had just cut last night, and the south west corner is a green dot which is the stand i seen him from this morning about 150 yards away.

I hope im not to confusing, but im looking to close in on my first big buck, and i think im on the right track and feel like ive closed in on his bedding area. Thoughts? Advice?

TIA, Wade deer stand.jpg

2. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think you are correct in your assumption of bedding. The difficulty would be cutting him off between his food and bed in the mornings. From an access point of view, your options look pretty limited here. I would encourage staying on your initial instincts and stick to the beans and PM hunts (for now anyway). If you have green food available vs the stalks, I would stick to the greens.

3. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah he should mess up soon enough. Better to be patient then risk bumping him out

4. GordysHGH

GordysHGH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ya i was thinking the same as to stick the beans at night, although they started to combine them they manage to spill them everywhere, and almost every field around the area is already harvested. They also seem to move through the beans to the river, which is also a bonus for my stand along the soys.