HHA Optimizer question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Logman, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thinking about switching my sight. I think I would like to try a single pin and have only heard good things about HHA. I think I want to go with the Optimizer. How hard is it to sight in an Optimizer? Also where is the best place to buy one? Thanks

2. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Super easy to setup...you can buy them on their website and I also believe cabelas is starting to carry them

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Optimizer is easy to sight in. HHA gives you two options. You can sight it in at 20 then 40 yards. Or 20 then 60 yards. I have an HHA on both my bows and I love them. I never shot targets at 70 yards until I got my HHA sights. I have the DS-5519 and the OL-5019. I think you will really like it once you buy it. Amazon sells them and you can buy them on ebay as well.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    First off, you can't go wrong with an HHA. The more I use mine and become familiar with it the more I enjoy it. They're very well built (right here in the US) and extremely durable.

Second, there's a few different options when it comes to the Optimizer. You have the Optimizer Lite which is the "traditional" model with the vertical slider on the back and then you have the Optimizer Lite Ultra which has the dial instead of the slider. They both work functionally the same however I feel the dial allows you to really fine tune and adjust a little better. The tape on the dial is marked by the yard whereas the slider is every 5 yards. Of course the Ultra is a bit more money because it's a a more technologically advanced sight.

Also you will need to determine if you want the 2" sight housing or the 1 5/8" housing. For me, the 1 5/8" housing is fine with only a single pin to look at. However some prefer the 2 inch.

You'll also need to figure out which pin diamater you want - .010, .019 or .029. Most people hunting whitetails with pretty good vision opt for the .019. If you're going to be shooting long distances you may want the .010 and if you don't have the best vision or prefer a larger pin the .029 is your ticket.

Last but not least you can get the sight either with or without HHA's mechanical rheostat feature. This allows you to dim the brightness of the pin by covering up the fibers. This comes in handy when you're shooting in bright conditions. The versions without the rheostat have 3 ft of fiber optics in the pin and the ones with the rheostat have 5 ft (1 5/8" models) or 6 ft (2" models).

So there's lots of choices to make! This can be a bit overwhelming but is nice because it allows you to tailor the sight to exactly what you want. Personally I shoot the DS-5519 which is the Optimizer Lite Ultra, .019 pin, 1 5/8" housing. Works great!

As for where to purchase you can get them online or through any HHA dealer (there's a lot of them). Most of your local bow shops will carry HHA sights.

Search results :: eders - Archery Equipment Bowhunting Equipment

5. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a hha site I like shooting with it I just leave mine on 30 yards when hunting and just adjust a little up or down works well

6. tydog21

tydog21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Been shooting with and HHA Optimizer for a couple years now and love it. Super easy to set up and use. Wont use any other sight.

7. archerynut007

archerynut007 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    my fav part is the sight pic only one pin and i use .010 pin so i see alot in the sight window witch lets me pic a very small spot between the 2 and 3 rib on the far side of the deer

8. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very easy to setup yardage-wise. And the best part is no tools needed.

Blessings........Pastorjim

9. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! Made my decision a whole lot easier.

10. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are all very easy to sight in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As for where to buy it, bowhunters superstore has the best prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up getting an Optimizer Lite 5519. Thanks for all of the feedback!

13. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the new sight. I've got the dial version and love it. Very well built and awesome customer service!

SCFox

14. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's at the shop being put on with my new strings. Can't wait to shoot it :)