Hey Jeff

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by Txjourneyman, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Jeff I mentioned I was going to try some 2217s out of the 55# Kanga longbow. Well, I'm probably done with light arrows now. These XX75s at 29" weigh in at about 550gr with a 125 gr tip. What a thump when they hit the bag. And they hit a lot closer together that the 2016s or even the 2117s did. I thought they would be overspined for this bow but I still don't know squat about trad set-ups apparently, lol! The bow has always been pretty shock free and quiet. Now even more so on both counts. I may keep the light arrows for another bow I have in mind but for deer and hogs with this bow I'm going heavy. I had never weighed my trad arrows before. I have heard that shooting 10gr per pound of draw weight is recommended. I have a better understanding of why now. I was rather surprised at how easy the transition was for me. The aim point changed but not enough to throw me off too much.
    I'm going to bring an arrow here to work and borrow a grain scale from the science dept. to find out an exact weight. I really need to buy a scale for at home now.