Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Hey Bike Issues

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kyner, Sep 17, 2024.

1. kyner

kyner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering if some of you guys that have a Hey Bike (I bought mine after seeing some posts here) have experienced any battery issues with it and have had terrible customer service from them
    I am extremely frustrated with them!!! I bought my bike in 2022 and never had it in any wet conditions. I stored the battery inside in the winter and charged it twice during that time. This spring my battery went bad and will not hold a charge Even though I thought this was not right I have been trying to buy a replacement battery since April. I went to their website and the battery is “sold out”. I’ve sent them several emails even asking if they could take one from a bike that they are advertising for sale. Their response is always the same (I have included a screenshot of the most recent one). Anyway I tried to buy one online but am finding out that there is no real standard battery that they use. I recommended this bike to a couple of my hunting buddies and find out each one of them has a different wattage. Mine is 500W my two friends are 600W and 750 W even though they are the same bike (MARS2.0)
    Anyone have any suggestions???

Attached Files:

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't own an ebike but my brother in law bought a Haoki a couple of years ago and the hub motor went bad. It is going on two years now and he can't get a replacement. That's what it is dealing with these Chinese companies. No or very little customer service.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

3. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry you are having this issue, I part time help in a local bike shop and anything e-bike related that doesn't come from an actual bike shop (I didn't check if Hey is online only) but they NEVER have an industry standard. (This isn't exclusive to just the batteries) I realize that Trek, Specialized etc don't make a specific "hunting bike" but anything that we sell you can get a replacement for. Unfortunately, all the bikes are different because Hey is using whatever they can get and building them to fill orders. More than likely you can't get a replacement because they just don't have one to give/sell you.

You could try a local shop if you have one, and just see if they have something that could work for you. Without the battery working, you just have a heavy bike to pedal around.

I'd keep trying, you never know and I hope you can get what you are looking for!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024
    pastorjim08 likes this.
  4. kyner

kyner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. I’ve learned the hard way Just because the bike is very affordable you usually get what you pay for. It’s so upsetting that I started contacting them in April and all I get are emails like the one I posted I hunt bluff country and the bike makes it easier to get to my stands quietly and without sweating. The bike is useless without a battery I’m hoping someone knows of a reliable battery I can buy from someone other than Hey Bike