Heres a good accurate Rut Map

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Hoosier Daddy, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thought i'd share this some of you guys might like this , i find this one the most accurate ...........http://www.fieldandstream.com/rut-report

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  2. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet, but being color blind I have no idea what stage we're in according to the map!

3. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    I'll keep ya informed .........:D

4. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cool concept. Is this map made and updated by hunter reports?

5. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah , i've been using it for years , there is a few others also , what i have been doing is compairing them all every week , and what i physicaly see and go from there , this one is pretty much spot on , save it to your computer and check it every week and read the articals also .

6. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love the idea...but I fear that uneducated hunters could give false data.

About 10 days ago, when we had the cold front come through, I was hunting an oak flat. A family unit came into the flat about an hour before dark....They had a yearling 7 point in tow. The small 7 point and a yearling doe got to chasing each other around, the little buck even grunted a couple times, lol. Some hunters who dont know any better could mistake this for rutting activity....when it was nothing more than brother and sister playing.

After the bachelor groups split up yearling (1.5) bucks will often try and find a doe group to attach them selves to...its usually there mama and sisters. Dispersion doesnt happen the first year.....it happens the secound year.

In west ky. the first phase of does will start coming in around 11/4...peek around 11/14....and ending around 11/24. There will always be a few early or late....but these dates are dead on for when 90%+ of the does come in and are breed here.

I will keep a close eye on it an see how accurate it is....the number of hunters in the woods at any given time could spike the data also....I bet it will show more rutting on the week ends than through the week.

7. Hoosier Daddy

Dislikes Received:
    Like i said , i'll work with it with what i see also , if you watch it every week you will see it works