Help

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by David lockett, Jan 7, 2017.

1. David lockett

David lockett Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone hope year head great for everyone. I'm new at this bow stuff I need to o how I come over target panic I've shot 4 deer but each time Im look as soon as my arrow leave the bow I truly need help

Sent from my LGLS996 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. Onetrakryder

Onetrakryder Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure just how new you are to the game we play but to address the question you posed and not get sidetracked I'll offer a tip I was given long ago when I started. Try and keep your head still and bow arm (the one holding the bow) up as you watch the arrow hit the target looking right through the sight. The arrows move fast so this doesn't take long. Let the bow fall forward because you don't want to be squeezing that hand. i mean to say do everything in your power to stare into the arrow. It can be easy to drop that arm and look around the bow but if you can see the arrow impact through the sight you know you've at least begun the process of following through the shot.

3. David lockett

David lockett Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank u im new to this hunting thing I really love it just want to be good at it. Thanks for the tip

4. TomTom1

TomTom1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Onetrakryder said it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Blind bale shooting. Stand close to the target draw your bow back and close your eyes. Then shoot the target. Do this until you have built muscle memory so you know how the shot feels. Then once you master that. Shot from the same distance with you eyes open. Focus on the spot you want to hit. Stay focused on that spot till the arrow hits. Once you feel good there move back a couple of feet.

The goal is to focus on nothing but the spot you want to hit and in the process develop a good follow through. Target panic is hard but you can get by it.

Adding a deer to the mix and then it gets harder. But once again don't focus on the deer. Make a decision to shoot. Focus on the spot, draw, center the pin and trigger the release. Follow through. Just keep going through that in your head. good luck!!

6. David lockett

David lockett Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks I got alot of summer to focus on it I missed alot if deer this year because of It thanks lot for the edvice

7. Arrowhead

Arrowhead Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Back tension/hinge release. It'll teach you to hold that pin on the target, and then pull and/or rotate to get it to release. You'll get quite used to keeping your pin on the target for a few seconds each shot. I would say now I have target apathy.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

8. Joe p

Joe p Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Copperhead has you on the right path I will just add to that say out loud to yourself aim aim aim till you release