Help with Property

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by outdoordad, Sep 16, 2016.

1. outdoordad

outdoordad Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is my first year ever hunting deer, and with a bow it's way harder than I thought. I'm looking for some help on where I should hang stands? I have two ladders and two hangers. The property is about 280 acres total including the cow pasture and is all private. The owners gun hunt it so I would like to fill my tag as early as possible. Any input is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would be scouting the edges of the alfalfa and corn fields and checking for activity and movement patterns along the edges.
    (I'm an edge hunter and enjoy that style) I would also base those spots on accessibility without crossing the fields and pushing the deer out in the mornings and leaving to much scent as you travel in and out in the evenings.

3. KS Tim08

KS Tim08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome looking property. During the rut I'd be looking at some of those pinch points, where the timber narrows down. Right where that DG-6 pin is looks like a good place to catch bucks cruising from one block of timber to the other searching for does.

Right now I'd keep a low key, glass fields in the evening and figure out where the deer are coming out before dark. Early season it's better to scout from afar and hunt when the conditions are right. The best place to look now would probably be in the alfalfa, once the corn is harvested you can check there.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  4. Rob Nicholson

Rob Nicholson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That DG 6 pin is a perfect spot for a stand. I also love the inside corner of that Alfalfa field.