Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Help Western NC

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by opossumhunterNC, Sep 29, 2024.

1. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wicked scmahht

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last year this administration killed a grant that would have provided 20,000 Starlink units to rural North Carolina communities, gave $8 billion to Ukraine last week, who knows how many billions to Israel, and FEMA has spent over $640 million on illegal aliens this (2024) fiscal year.

But get ready to Feel The JOY, Americans- here is Mamala offering North Carolina residents the same $750 they gave the Maui fire victims last year:

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1841596794968351205?t=Z8zSYmO_GkU7anhvjuTXKQ&s=09

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024
    opossumhunterNC likes this.
  3. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just saw that $750 video and was about to post it on here. It is absolutely infuriating. Money doesn’t do **** there. You can’t even use a credit card because there isn’t internet and power. Even if you could use it nobody is selling stuff. Anybody who still has stuff to spare is already giving it away to help their neighbors. People don’t need $750 they need the army. Send in helicopters to drop stuff in and out. People such as @Wedes want to come from all over the nation to help and are just waiting for the state and federal govt to get their **** together and let them. The entire 82nd airborne division is stationed in fort Bragg less than 100 miles away. They’re the best on earth when it comes to dropping **** out of airplanes into places you can’t reach any other way and that’s exactly what this is. Where the **** are they? I imagine every single one of those guys wants to go help. Why aren’t they letting them?

The Red Cross is confiscating donations being trucked into the area and warehousing them for later distribution because the people who are bringing them in aren’t officially “approved” aid groups.

ash d and Wedes like this.
  4. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    I want to go back myself and I have 3 guys who will go with me as well. If anything we pack stuff in in backpacks. If I can navigate in and get 70 year olds out I can get freeze dried food and water filters in on my back. It won’t be much but we can crawl up through the debris with a load of stuff on our backs until we find somebody that needs it then we turn around and go get another. I’ve seen it once and know what we’re getting into. I can navigate with compass and topo map as well. Plus I’ve got a Starlink if worst comes to worst. We don’t even need a place to stay. Build a fire and camp under the stars wherever we’re at with a tarp in case it’s raining. We’ve got everything we need to sustain ourselves without using others resources even if we’re burning 10,000 cal+ per day trecking stuff up washouts on our backs. The only thing keeping us away is that the government wont let us.

cantexian, dnoodles and ash d like this.
  5. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0428.jpeg
    If you contact them they won’t let you in because you’re not a registered aid organization.

6. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    This is a link to the charlotte ham radio repeater that’s currently working in the area if you wanna hear what’s going on first hand in case you don’t have a license. Word is Marion station will be up working soon and that’s gonna have alot better coverage in the area once it’s functional so there is a good chance alot of the comms will move to that station once it’s active.

https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/43107

7. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    There is also an app that’ll play in the background. It’s gonna ask you to pay for the premium a couple times but don’t do it. If you just keep saying no it will eventually give up and stop asking you.

HAM operators relaying welfare check information to emergency operations centers.

I’m listening to "W4HTP 145.350 Repeater" using the Scanner Radio app. You can listen to it by going to https://scannerradio.app/?l=ODA3MzQ

8. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Marion frequency is 153.995 once it’s up

dnoodles likes this.
  9. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    If you wanna get an idea of how terrible it is the current ham radio conversation is about how to squeeze drinking water out of “elephant ears”/banana plant leaves.

10. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

ash d likes this.
  11. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    this is terrible, I make meme posts to laugh instead of cry and I can only imagine how bad this is.

https://x.com/ImMeme0/status/1841494840141312454?t=8fukgFLaBvGu_4B0fva3lg&s=19

1000007784.jpg

this guy says he came across some PJs sitting around w/ their deez in their hands and they can't do anything because apparently Gov. Cooper (D) had refused to approve Title X orders...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2024
    ash d likes this.
  12. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    If you’re wondering why our state governor and the federal government seem to be dragging their feet while people are dying…. I’ll let you come to your own conclusions.

IMG_0433.jpeg

ash d and dnoodles like this.
  13. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know him.. haha

He’s right they aren’t even allowed to walk into a hospital at the moment to assist.

I tried to weasel around the rules to get my team there. Got caught and chewed out. I am putting dudes on leave so they can go help bc my guys just want to help. So they are taking their gear and med rucks and going on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    I don't really know why our leaders politicize everything, especially when lives are on the line. We used to just help american people when they needed it. Now we help others that don't even live here.

ash d, cantexian and Sota like this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It really is sickening that FEMA says we have no money we spent it sheltering people that came illegally. Who votes for people that make decisions like that?

ash d, cantexian and wl704 like this.
  16. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    I helped some folks cut their way out of their neighborhood last week to make sure first responders could get in. My mom and dad are in crap health and live around there. I have pro saws, sharp and ready and know how to quickly piece up large trees. They were in awe of how fast that oak disappeared. They all have Harris signs in their yards. So, a lot of people vote for those people. I don't get it either.

ash d, Sota and cantexian like this.
  17. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lazy, crazy and stupid are problems you can fix only when you have the maturity to recognize those flaws within yourself. Those who can't, vote for those who claim to do it for them.

ash d and Sota like this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just want to say if Harris wins, it is over. Americans can not be so stupid that they support an administration that citizens are not the priority.

ash d likes this.
  19. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    Well...brace yourself. It is a very real possibility

20. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One could argue... Active enemy, not just non priority

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk