Help Wanted: AeroHead or Alphaburly Pro

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Gear' started by pick00l, Sep 15, 2015.

1. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    OK - I'm going to purchase a set of these boots. My challenge is deciding which one. I would be going with the 3.5mm AeroHead for early and mid season, not the 7mm. Will likely grab a pair of mucks for the winter which I have used in the past.

For those who have made the same decision, what made you choose one over the other? Looking to skip the marketing language because I personally can not see much differentiation from any of the popular boot companies making this style.

I plan on heading to Cabelas to try them each on however, want to get some research in before that. Would appreciate any opinions in advance.

I wanted to add that many of my hunts have me covering 2-5 miles so, comfort for long walks are very important.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really like my aeroheads, they are super comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem in covering miles in them.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pair of the Alphas 18" 800 gram and I can't say I like wearing them. They're heavy and pretty uncomfortable and to have that much insulation they are cold as #hit. I think the best pair of hunting boots I ever owned were cheapy crap walmart brand camo/canvas with scent control mid tops. Lasted me three years before they started leaking walking through wet native grass.

I've never laid hands on the aeroheads but if they're not better than these alphas I have they aren't much. Mine look impressive until you wear them once. They seem to be of good quality materials and build, I just don't care for them.

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally wear the comfort tracs from cabelas. super comfy and you cant beat cabelas warranty. No questions asked they are top notch customer satisfaction

5. DoubleLung84

DoubleLung84 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had both and the aeroheads seem like a better boot so far even though I've only wore them one day

6. SWitchBacKXT

SWitchBacKXT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have both, alphaburly's get left at home.

7. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Love my Aeroheads 3.5mm. Only thing though they are way to hot for early season. I was wearing them in late season last year with a pair of thick socks and didn't have any problems with feet getting cold.

8. loganiola

loganiola Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pair of the AlphaBurly Pros and love them. They are durable and comfortable!