Help me piece this together

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by rybo, Oct 25, 2008.

1. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    On three, possibly 4 occasions now, I've seen a nice buck hanging with 3 does. Last saturday late morning was the 1st time, but I didn't get a clear look at the buck, just a quick flash. Then last night, there were 4 deer out in the field at dark, one had an enormous body, sagging belly but I couldn't be sure of a rack it was too dark. THen this afternoon I see again, 3 does and this real nice buck(best glimpse I've caught of him) just cruising through the inside of hte woods while I got dressed at the truck. I think he may have been chasing them a little but I'm not 100% sure.

Has any one else seen a big buck hang with does for na extended period of time, or is this just a bunch of odd coincidence?

2. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Knowing PA doe populations and oddities Ryan, whose to say if perhaps one of the doe was coming into early estrous. We know that could easily occur in our previously unbalanced herd dynamics. Perhaps this doe is "left over".

Other than that, it is an oddity or you caught them at a very coincidental time.

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I think that deer may have been transplanted from... California :confused: :d :d :d

In all honesty, I would imagine that the Rob man is correct. I would assume that a doe may be getting "warm" and he's right there with her.

4. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In 2004 I saw a 10 point hanging out with a doe in September. Then I saw him again in October with a doe in the same area as I saw him the first time. The I saw him for the last time in November with a doe with in 80 yards of the frist 2 sightings. Same doe I couldn't tell you for sure but he was hanging around does all the time.

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure but i hope you get a crack at him ;)