Help me out here...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Buck Magnet, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I went in to my honey hole today to check my camera, and the pictures didn't look right on the little screen (Moultrie I60). I figured that I would get home with the memory card and everything would be fine, well, I was wrong, something is screwed up big time as part of the photos look good while the middle section looks like it was drawn with a black and gray crayon. I am not sure what that is all about, but I reset everything and put a new card in, so I will check it tomorrow evening to see if it fixed itself or if this is gonna be another camera down the tubes.

Anyways, while flipping through I noticed a picture and something caught my eye, it appeared to be a buck with thick bases but I couldn't tell. I had to go into photoshop and change the brightness and contrast just to see if it was a buck and sure enough it is... the only thing is, I can't tell for sure how big it is. I am not sure if it is my eyes playing tricks on me and telling me that its bigger than it is or what, so in your opinons, how big is this buck? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    What buck? Looks like a doe. :confused:

3. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Unless he has 3" spikes, Im not seein a buck..

4. Matt / PA

Matt / PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm actually seeing a basket racked 6ish point??

5. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I never could see the boats and what not in those swirly colored pictures either. Maybe if I stare at it long enough it'll grow a rack.

Nope. :confused:

6. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    Okay guys, I could have swore when I looked at the pic, that the buck has a really big right side and a smaller left side. I worked around with the photo a little more and this is the best that I could come up with, I think it shows what I am talkin about a little better....

[​IMG]

7. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see it. Looks like a pretty nice one. Could be the Summer Ale helping out, but I'd say it's got potential to be a shooter.

8. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I want to see. Guess I will have to hit the Summer Ale since Rybo says it helped him to see!

9. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    Ryan, after looking at it, I am starting to think I see what Matt was talking about. It appears to me what looked like longer tines might be the definition in his shoulders.

10. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ahhhh now I see him..

11. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I could see the shoulder definition, but there is one piece that goes horizontally across everything that looks like the main beam. That line is too out of place for it to be anything but bone... IMO.

12. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    I agree Dubbya, I am thinking he may just be a 4 pointer or a 6 point with decent main beams and nice mass. My Moultrie is pretty much screwed up. I went back and checked it cause my best-friend wanted to see where I had it set-up and between when I checked this morning and this afternoon I got 3 pics of a 8 point that are terrible quality and the colors look like they came out of an acid trip. It appears I will be taking the Moultrie back and now my decision is to either get one of the new Cuddeback Captures, a Leaf River, of the new 7 megapixel Bushnell.