Help Me choose arrows.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Warren p, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Warren p

Warren p Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ordered a HTR in 70# 27 inch draw 75% let off I want to shoot 100 grain Montecs 27 inch arrow. Any good suggestions light medium are heavy, I don't care what brand of arrow it is. I got 6 to 7 weeks to figure it out any help would be appreciated.:beer:

2. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot Easton Axis arrows exclusively for the last 8 years. I prefer small diameter arrows cause they penetrate way better than standard size arrows and are also a little more forgiving in the wind.

3. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I Love my easton FMJ's! Tough arrows.

4. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was recently sold on Easton FMJs. I was talking to this guy at the shop and we were talking about arrow setups. He asked what I shoot and told me to go pick 3 of what I shoot and 3 FMJs out of the bulk bins. He then proceeded to spin all of them on a tester. The Beman ICS Hunters all had the slightest wobble. The FMJs were all perfect. We did this with almost every brand and make of arrow in the shop. The next best were the Carbon Express Maxima Reds 1 of the 3 had a wobble. We ended up going through nearly the entire box of FMJs and never found a wobbler. Made a believer out of me. They ate descently heavy but not overly and are small diameter I believe he had a 27" arrow as well and finished weight was around 450 but he shoots 125 grain heads. He shoots the 400 spine

Now granted most of the wobbling we found was always towards the end of an arrow. The last 2 inches or so. There were some that were more. Most people would be cutting more than that off. I shoot a 31" arrow. So this was a big deal for me

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  5. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cant go wrong with Eastons or Gold Tip. Have them cut at both ends when cut to length.

6. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOOOVE my maxima reds :tu:

7. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting GT pro hunters. I have no complaints.

8. HKhunter

HKhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used to shoot maxima reds, but I ended up losing too many and I couldnt afford to get more really expensive ones. so I ended up buying 1dzn gold tip velocity hunters, theyre quite a light shaft, maybe slightly too light, but still good. if you lose lots of arrows and cant afford really expensive ones, I used to have easton powerflights, they were fine, and I know alot of blokes who swear by them. in regards of weight, dont go too light, dont to way too heavy, id say something about 450g all up is good. and with a 27"dl youll need at least a 28" arrow.

9. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a dozen Gold Tip Velocity's for sale with 20 grain f.a.c.t. weight still in the shrink wrap for sale. They're 300 spine, and since you're shooting 70lbs and if you use the weights they shouldn't be to stiff. I shot the same draw length and draw weight they work great with good tuning and with that HTR it should be a breeze. If you're interested pm me, they're are still in the shrink wrap and everything. The only reason I'm selling is because someone jacked my bow and I have a dozen left.