Help Mathews MR8, Prime Impact or Elite 35

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Scowd, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going to be getting a new bow the first of the year. I don't have as many option as most I guess. Since most bows draws only go to 30". I'm shooting a Mission Venture with a 30.5 draw right now. I should say that when I was setup with this bow I was hooking up straight to the string. I've since then put a D loop on. Feels great. I kind of thought I could get away with a 30" draw if I had the D loop. My dealer doesn't think so. I want something that is longer ATA, smooth pull and as quiet as possible. Been looking at Primes Impact. Talked to a different dealer who thinks that we can get the Prime with it's 30" draw to fit. Also been checking out the Elite Energy 35 and Mathews MR8. Anyone have any experience with these bows?
    Thanks for your help!

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Couple of thoughts ...
    First " getting it to fit " doesn't sound like a good idea unless you have no other options.

Sounds like you need a 30.5 or 31 inch draw so get a bow that is available in that draw length, then install a proper size d loop. No sense putting a band aid on something that doesn't need one.

I haven't shoot a MR8 so I can't comment on it.

The E35 is rock solid on target, easy to shoot and forgiving. It's dead in the hand with almost no feedback. The draw is butter smooth though out with no dump into the valley. The valley is fairly long and the back wall is rock solid.
    The fit and finish is excellent, and the winners choice strings are better then most factory installed strings....so you can get a good year or so with out changing it.
    The E35 draw length can be changed via a mod..so you can go from 30 to 31 with half inch increments to get the exact length you need. And with that length your going to have fast and very shootable bow in the E35.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  3. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your comment trial153. Yea a friend of mine just got an E35. He loves it. It is a sweet looking bow. Great finish on it! I like the solid limbs too. He was shooting a 60lb. bow. He went to 70 on the E35 and says it's easier to pull back than his 60lb. bow.

4. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Prime Impact will not go past 30" as it is a "speed" bow. Look into the Hoyt 34" bows. The new Z5 cams are amazing. Im shooting a Carbon spyder 34 and its a feather, holds rock solid and is absolutely dead on the shot. They are incredible bows! Oh and it is the quietest bow ive ever not heard :p

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  5. myot

myot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's why I shoot an 80lbs Elite set to 76lbs it feels as light as my friends Hoyt Spyder that's set at 64lbs
    Only reason I don't set it at 80lbs is its supposed to be 4F tomorrow morning and it gets a little stiff to pull back

Dan

6. gamehunter95

gamehunter95 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be getting the Elite Energy 32 in January. I've shot all the bows above several times a piece and they all have their hits and misses. I suggest shooting them and go with the one that feels best. Make sure to shoot them back to back to back at the same draw weight and length so you get the best comparison

7. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree shoot them all and see what feels best to you !! You might be surprised!! Good luck with what ever to decide!!