Help and/or ideas on bow hunting thick brush land

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by ath1089, Nov 22, 2015.

1. ath1089

ath1089 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, I have just come up with 160 acres. Really nice hunting land have spotted a couple big bucks. So on the fence line there's wheat fields to the south and west on someone else's land but that's where I figure they feed. On the 160 there's 2 canyons running though the center and the tops are really thick tall brush and cedars. The problem is that everything is so thick that you can't walk the canyons without making a lot of noise. Anyway, has anyone ever dealt with this and how did you hunt it?

2. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Description is kinda vague, but I'll give it a shot....if the cedars are that thick Id assume a bedding area? 160 acres is relatively good sized...any well traveled paths leading from the cedars to the wheat? Any staging areas between the cedars and wheat? Are there trees for stands or will this be best hunting from a ground approach?

Arial photos of your 160 and the adjacent properties would help a lot.

What state is this in?

3. ath1089

ath1089 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's Oklahoma and yes your correct, I figure the whole thing is bedding more or less. I've sort of looked to tree stand able trees but every things so I'm looking at it for more of a ground hunt which I'm not used to. There are a lot of paths. This is a bad aerial but... ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1448249421.800673.jpg

4. ath1089

ath1089 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And there's a lot more bottoms than I previously thought.