Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Addy, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Addy

Addy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hello from southern Ohio. Thanks for having me!

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forum. Any questions just ask. Feel free to tell us about what, how and with what you hunt.

3. Addy

Addy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fix I joined up because I’m looking at buying some property 118 acres. But I don’t bow hunt. It’s in southern Ohio around Scioto county near the Adams county line.

Here’s what I wrote earlier in a forum but hasn’t been approved yet.

I'm looking at 118 acres to purchase in southern Ohio close to the Scioto/Adams county area. It’s in a very rural area with 100’s of acres surrounding me, some owned by homeowners, others by the Scioto land company. I have an awesome 2 bedroom second home (barndominium) on the property as well with all amenities. I was considering ways to generate income on the property. I don’t hunt but would like to open the property up (around 110 acres) and the barndominium to bow hunters only offering 4 weeks, late oct-nov, 3-4 day hunts of bow hunting, two hunters per week, exclusively to these 8 guys with rights to come back every year and then shut it down from everyone for the remainder of the year. With profits using them to help pay for the property but also develop the land adding more food plots, adding fruit & nut trees (crab apple, persimmon, apple trees and chestnut) tree stands, deer blinds, better access roads, trail cameras, develop a deer sanctuary towards the center of the property, and a four wheel drive truck to retrieve the deer.
    In my vision I would have a working relation with my 8 guys, keep them updated on the property and the work being performed as well as brainstorming on ways to make their hunt more successful. I would be sharing pictures and having open discussions because I want them to be successful and for me to be successful as well. What kind of price range for something like this is reasonable in southern Ohio? Would there be a lot of interest in something like this? Any info or creative criticism is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you