Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Hello from Houston, Tx

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by jwalker1291, Sep 16, 2024.

1. jwalker1291

jwalker1291 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums even though I've been watching the show since season 2. Not really sure why I've never hopped on here before. Anyway, I live live in Houston, Tx, but grew up hunting in Oklahoma. My dad had me out in the woods ever since I was in diapers, and that was over 30 years ago. I have never actually had the opportunity to harvest a deer with a bow, and haven't hunted much over the last few years since having a kid. Hoping to change that this year. I have a new deer lease in east Texas, the kid is older, and I am motivated. My season starts in 2 weeks and I couldn't be more excited to get out there and get back to doing what I love.

Anthony2991 and blackbear like this.
  2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the fourm. So is the year your going for your first archery deer?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3. jwalker1291

jwalker1291 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That’s the idea. I’ve bow hunted before, but just never had one get close enough to give me a shot. I haven’t got to hunt much since I moved down to Texas years ago, and I have been missing it a lot. I finally stopped Messi g around and got a lease down here so now I have a place to hunt.

Holt likes this.
  4. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome aboard!

This is a pretty cool place to hang out and there are a lot of good folks here with a ton of knowledge. Of course there are a couple of shady characters also, but we’ll let you figure out who they are. :lol:

Here’s hoping you have a great season and a successful one.

The best place to hang out here right now is the Live From the Stand Thread in Bowhunting Talk. Feel free to jump right in and update us as you hunt!

Holt likes this.
  5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Stick around and tell us the storys from your adventures this season.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

6. DH Outdoorsman

DH Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to BH forum, from another TX hunter.. I also have 2 lease's I will be hunting from in E TX, but planning to meet up with a couple of hunting friends and hunt public at Bannister WMA opening weekend. Good luck.