Hej! Absolute Beginner - best online resource?

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Mog the Almighty, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Mog the Almighty

Mog the Almighty Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello,

I am an Australian living in Sweden. Although I have a rifle & shotgun licence back home in Australia, it's a bit more difficult for me as a non-Swedish resident to get those things here, but I can get an archery kit without any licencing required.

Problem is that I'm an absolute total beginner. I don't know anything about it at all. If you guys can recommend some good resources for a total beginner, online articles, videos, books I should buy, or whatever, that would be fantastic.

Also recommendations on a good kit for a beginner. I guess I'd want some kind of package deal. I found this website selling a few online (I guess I should be looking at a compound bow, right?):

https://www.bagaropilar.com/se/grp/compoundpaket.php

First I just want to learn how to shoot effectively. One day I might also go bow hunting, but my priority now is simply to learn.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!

2. Mog the Almighty

Mog the Almighty Newb

Dislikes Received:
    P.S. I can see there's some great resources on this site, that I'm checking out right now!

3. Martijn Bakker

Martijn Bakker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello

welcome to this forum,
    I am also new to this forum and have only just started archery, (Compound), I am from the Netherlands, I myself bought an over-aged model from Prime, the only tip I can give you, be a lot of practice, shoot at least myself 100 arrows per day and double at weekends, what about hunting in Sweden ???
    is that allowed without a permit ??
    I hope we can share many experiences with each other in the future.

greetings Martijn

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The best resource is diligence. Read anything and everything you can. But remember when reading online to take everything with a grain of salt. There is tons of great info but it's hidden in opinion

5. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here in the US are lots of resources. One of the premier (IMHO) archery retailers is a sponsor, Lancaster Archery Supply. I visited their store about three years ago and was impressed with the inventory, staff, etc. My wife was looking for a glove. They actually took a few out of the package to try on! Put the ones she didn't choose back in the package. They also have a large selection of books and DVDs on archery. I would think the folks here could make some recommendations. Welcome to the website!

6. BritFgl

BritFgl Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Check our Nock On Archery they have a “bow shooting school” it’s free just information videos on how to perfect your stance, form all around, your shot, messing with your equipment etc. and of course Youtube always has great stuff