HECS hunting suit

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jcz, Mar 23, 2016.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Electromagnetic impulse suppression, hanging an ozone machine in a tree.....this stuff is hilarious.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am getting to be an old man when my BS meter goes off I say something. Legitimate science? The only time I have heard of electromagnetic suppression pertaining to hunting is in the infomercial selling the product, nobody else.

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    So if you haven't heard of something then it probably isn't legitimate?

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My point is no it isn't, listen products like this sell because a hunter who has limited success believes that a product can bring him or her success when in the past they have not been successful or realized their goals. I will be honest I no longer watch hunting shows and try to avoid buying the magazines, I am not against innovation or new products. I am skeptical when the results the product is promising are not evident or measurable.

5. gdluck413

gdluck413 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Now this is too funny!!!

6. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Being skeptical is one thing, to think that you are the ultimate voice in legitimacy is laughable. I don't personally care if you watch hunting shows, buy magazines or anything else. There is as much science involving electromagnetic fields as there is scent technology, the fact that you haven't heard of it certainly doesn't mean it isn't real. EMF's are used by a variety of sea life to stay alive, it's used by birds and other migrating animals to determine routes. Cages that act similar to faraday cages have been developed to use underwater to calm sharks. Why is it ridiculous to think that other animals sense EMFs as well?

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We this is a discussion forum where individuals come to read others opinions so that is why I am throwing it out there, not claiming to be anything other than my opinion. I am not denying that EMF's are real. I have never watched a deer walk off or avoid coming into range and thought damn emfs spooked that deer, can you imagine the reaction if a TV hunter was narrating his video or he whispers to his camera guy dang there goes a nice buck he must have sensed my emfs I am giving off.

8. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Understood.

Lol, that's a funny thought. That will get used this year, "get your EMFs under control man."

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't fart that was a release of EMFs.:biggrin:

10. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is absoloutly 0 evidence to support a scent lok suit, nose jammer, hecs suit, etc. worked/works on an individual basis. If these type of products were marketed in a fashion of increasing your odds, I think they would seem more credible.

11. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The things many hunters will buy never ceases to amaze me. It's none of my business what other people want to spend money on but I think it's kinda sad many people don't focus their energy into becoming a more skilled woodsman instead of choosing to rely on gimmicky (IMO) hunting products.

12. MOGC

MOGC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I learned one thing from this thread... the HECS suit should help when bow fishing. Otherwise...

[​IMG]

13. Sammus422

Sammus422 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Lol true. I like my camo but it doesn't mean anything at the end of the day. I've had plenty of deer walk right to me wearing 600+ inches of blaze orange

14. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I finally used my camo in a situation where it made a difference. Yesterday I played air soft with a bunch of guys in Bozeman.